• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Topic: vibraslap

  1. #1


    I am using Garritan JABB with Sibelius 6, and I'm trying to figure out how to get a vibraslap to play. It doesn't seem to be listed under the latin percussion instruments or anywhere else. Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: vibraslap

    A vibraslap is a percussion instrument testking 70-432 consisting of a piece of stiff wire (bent in a U shape) connecting a wood ball to a hollow box of wood with metal “teeth” inside testking EX0-101. The percussionist holds the metal wire in one hand and strikes the ball (usually against the palm of their other hand) testking PMI-001. The box acts as a resonating body for a metal mechanism placed inside with a number of loosely fastened pins or rivets that vibrate and rattle against the box.The instrument is a modern version of the jawbone testking 646-364.

  3. #3

    Re: vibraslap

    No worries. I got it to work. Had to change the name: it appears only when the instrument is called "rattle", not "shaker".

Go Back to forum


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts