• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha P85

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha P85

Hi, i just looked for a keyboard with 88es and i found yamaha p85.I am looking for a stage piano,digital piano or a midi controller with 88es to conect it in a midi device and then to play from ivory synthology.I don't care about the voice of speakers (if it have) ,but i care the most about the keyboard quality. I want to have a good feeling of a realistic piano.I found yamaha p85 at the internet but i don't try it.I would know about p85 and i would be pleased if you suggest me a cheap pianos or midi controllers with a good keyboard and midi device.I care only for this.I remind you i haven't high economical afford !!
    Thank you in advance...!!

Re: Yamaha P85

Hi there. At the moment i'm using the m-audio keystation Pro 88. It's out of production but i know the new model is on it's way. Take a look at http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProKeys88.html
    I love m-audio.

Good luck and let me know.

Cheers Arthur
    Mac Pro 2,8 Ghz Quad Core Intel (8 core), 12 Gig RAM.
    Vienna Symphonic Orchestra, East West Quantum Leap Libraries, and more.
    Keystation Pro 88, Projectmix Controller, Website: www.filmscore.nl

The P85 has the GHS (Graded Hammer Standard) action, which isn't Yamaha's best action. Their best action available in a portable "slab" style instrument is "GH" (Graded Hammer), which is available in the P-155, CP33, CP300, and the new CP50, and I think some other less piano-centric keyboards. (the new CP1 and CP5 have non-graded actions which aren't quite as dedicated to mimicking a grand piano as the GH action - I understand it's more of a good compromise for a variety of different sounds)

Just today I compared the GHS action to the new Casio action (available in the PX-130, 330, 730, 830 etc) and I preferred the Casio. These Casios have a good bang-for-your-buck. If you want a traditional MIDI connection (as opposed to USB MIDI) you have to be careful because I think most of them only have USB. I know that the PX-330 definitely has traditional MIDI ports though, and this model is marketed as something of a MIDI controller keyboard as well.

Greg.

I have been waiting for the new model of pro 88 to. Does anyone know when it will come out of the market?

The P-85 gives musicians the dynamic, high-quality sound and natural piano touch response they expect from Yamaha, along with a high quality built.

Quote Originally Posted by filmscore View Post
    Hi there. At the moment i'm using the m-audio keystation Pro 88. It's out of production but i know the new model is on it's way. Take a look at http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProKeys88.html
    I love m-audio.

Good luck and let me know.

Cheers Arthur
    Its looking very nice really.
    Thanks for this information.

Residential Property , Hotels

Go Back to forum