• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opinions on Zero G's Nostalgia?

Share/Bookmark

Opinions on Zero G's Nostalgia?

Hi,

Anybody out there own Zero G's Nostalgia? I've been thinking about buying the downloadable version. lately I've been on a retro synth kick and would love to have the sounds of my old D-50, DX7, etc. I own a ton of VST's including Cult sampler, FM8, Kontakt 4, Sonic Synth 2, the Korg Digital Edition etc. so I have a lot of the vintage basses covered but was just thinking that theree may be a few gems inside of Nostalgia?

Nostalgia seems like it contains a lot of patches but I'm wondering if the majority are gems? Cult Sampler has some of the great old Farilight and Synclavier samples but many are horrible.

Any input or alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Opinions on Zero G's Nostalgia?

bump... seriously no one owns this?
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

Re: Opinions on Zero G's Nostalgia?

Well if you want something done... ;-)

I just bought Nostalgia and it is everything I had hoped it would be. Steve Howell and Zero G have nailed this package. I must preface my review with mentioning I was influenced by a lot of 80's music (grew up in that era and played live in a lot of bands at that time) Plus it was alaos a time of the great synth manufactures leap frogging one another with the latest and greatest. DX7's, M1's D-50's, and of course instruments out of my price range like the Emulator II and the Fiarlight.

Nostalgia has all of those and so many more. Great layered pads, amazing fat basses (so many basses), perfect vintage sounds like the chamberlain, CP-70, D6 clav, etc. Huge airy vocal pads and wicked hard digital patches. So many sounds and so many of them useful. I also own Cult sampler and while it is a nice collection it seems like they didn't take the time that Mr. Howell did with programming etc. Ok a few of the patches are on the aenemic side but that because the synths they were sampled from were that way to begin with.

I thought Omnisphere had killed me ever being excited about another sound set. Again, I am a fan of these sounds, your milegae may vary. But if you are looking for an amazing sonic trip down memory lane you won't be dissapointed.

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

Go Back to forum