• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Forum jump" in this new layout

Share/Bookmark

"Forum jump" in this new layout

----change of any kind can be difficult. I've always had resistance to changes in the layouts of websites I frequent. You Tube's new layout still confuses me, Facebook changes things arbitrarily every couple of weeks and that messes me up.

So, I know it's a natural thing for me to prefer what's familiar, but MAN--I am so not enjoying this new layout here at NorthernSounds, that I'm finding myself dropping by less often. My eyes just rebel when I look at the page. It feels so uncomfortable.

OK, enough random grumbling.

Here's a question: It used to be when you had read a post or a thread, in the bottom right hand corner all you had to do was click "Forum jump" and you'd be back to the full page of the Forum you were already on. But now you're forced to look at the long menu with all the Forum choices--Lame!-- So the only thing I've figured out is either to use my browser Back button (inelegant - having to use the back button in a case like this indicates bad page design)- or I have to to the top of the open thread, and click "General Discussion" in the arrow thread showing Garritan Libraries>Garritan Central>General Discussion.

Am I missing something?

Randy B.

Re: "Forum jump" in this new layout

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post

Here's a question: It used to be when you had read a post or a thread, in the bottom right hand corner all you had to do was click "Forum jump" and you'd be back to the full page of the Forum you were already on. But now you're forced to look at the long menu with all the Forum choices--Lame!-- So the only thing I've figured out is either to use my browser Back button (inelegant - having to use the back button in a case like this indicates bad page design)- or I have to to the top of the open thread, and click "General Discussion" in the arrow thread showing Garritan Libraries>Garritan Central>General Discussion.

Am I missing something?

Randy B.
    No your not missing anything. I just created a "Back to Forum" button which will do what you described. it's just above the "forum jump"

We had to do a mandatory security upgrade. Some of the custom settings i created over the years were lost. Due too a complete software re-write. So now i am painstakingly going through the whole skin setup. Somethings I can replace others will not return as they could be security risks. I'm still happy that all the data is still here for everyone.

Thank you for your input.

Re: "Forum jump" in this new layout

NICE, Masimon - That does the trick very nicely, the new "Back to Forum" button.

And thanks for describing some of the headaches this change over has been - I'm sure it's been horribly complicated. I'm grateful the Forum is still functioning, and I'll just get over myself and become accustomed to the changes. I just had to bitch and moan a little.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum