• Register
  • Help

Topic: All my NI plugs went away with DP and OSX upgrades... please help...

Share/Bookmark

Question All my NI plugs went away with DP and OSX upgrades... please help...

I was running DP 4.13 and OSX 10.4-something on a Mac PPC Dual 2.7G with 4.5G RAM. . In order to get Spectra plugs fully operational, I upgraded to OS 10.5.8 (can't run Snow Leopard on this box) and DP 7.12.

All my other plugs are fine, but NONE of my NI plugs have a GUI, though they all 'appear' (as an empty window) when instantiated.

I have tried updating from NI's site, but it did not work, and I have no idea how to make these plugs work now. I use JABB regularly, and several others almost as much.

Any ideas and help GREATLY appreciated, NI and MOTU seem at a loss... Dod anyone get this working?

Again, G5 Dual 2.7G, not working NI plugs include JABB, GPO, EWQLSO, Afrolatin Slam, StormDrum, Virtual Grand and Colossus...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: All my NI plugs went away with DP and OSX upgrades... please help...

OK, I just updated Kontakt Player to version 3. The JABB and GPO GIUs still do not work, but after I let Kontakt discover the NI libraries, I now can at least load basic instances of the instruments under KP3. Even has the right GUI instance.

Is this the best I can expect using the old PPC and Digital performer?

Oh, not all instruments load, or are on the drop-down list. May be my ignorance of how to use KP3, but there is more to it, I'm afraid. Any ideas or help appreciated...
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 06-19-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: update
    Dasher
    -------

Question Re: All my NI plugs went away with DP and OSX upgrades... please help...

??? Anybody home? Am I posting in the wrong place? no help anymore? What's up, guys?
    Dasher
    -------

Go Back to forum