• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Sliders

Share/Bookmark

Aria Sliders

This has happened to me several times, but I have never figured out why this is happening, so I haven't been able to correct it.

In GPO4 (Aria) in the Mixer view, I establish the instruments and usually go with the default slider settings. Particularly in an older piece where I have to reprogram the instruments to Aria, when I press Play, the sliders move to different positions. I re-adjust the sliders (and even Save), but they revert back to these undesired positions as soon as I press Play.

I have Deleted Aria, brought up a new instance of Aria and reprogrammed the instruments. But this has no effect on the sliders changing when I press Play. No other cc's appear in any track except 1 and 7 (which is usually about 90). The sliders typically go to around the 30-40% position.

What is happening and how can I remedy this situation?

Thanx.
    Frank
    Frank Newman - Houston, Texas, USA, Earth, Milky Way (for our 'extended' viewership)
    Vista Ult SP2, i7 chipset, 12Gb, 500Gb (int) + 1 & 1.5Tb ext., E-MU 1820, Sonar 8.5PE, VSampler, CME UF5, AcousModules (for 3D playback), GPO/JBB/CMB

Re: Aria Sliders

There is an older thread about this, i believe that can help you:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ght=aria+reset
    Marcelo Colina

Thanx for the reply, Marcello -
    I looked at the replies in the link. They all seem to be addressing the use of Ch. 15 and/or cc91. Neither of these is the case with me. I am using Ch. 1 thru 11 and only the 2 cc's that I mentioned.

To be more precise about the resets, I want the sliders to be at about -3, but they reset (supposedly randomly) to between -6 and -13 - all are different.

Frank
    Frank Newman - Houston, Texas, USA, Earth, Milky Way (for our 'extended' viewership)
    Vista Ult SP2, i7 chipset, 12Gb, 500Gb (int) + 1 & 1.5Tb ext., E-MU 1820, Sonar 8.5PE, VSampler, CME UF5, AcousModules (for 3D playback), GPO/JBB/CMB

I find that in some of my pieces that I do in Finale, that when I move to Sonar, there are cc7s inserted for the basic volume of the slider. If you remove the cc7s then you can place the sliders where you want them and they should stay there.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hi, Rich -
    Yah, tried removing and deleting the cc7 from the tracks. Didn't affect anything. The cc7's values were around 90, so I don't see where they would have thrown the Aria sliders down to the equivalent of 36 to 64.

Thanx for the input.
    Frank

Hi Frank,

I've seen this one before too.

Sonar has a volume slider for every MIDI track which outputs CC7 also. So even if you erase all CC7 messages in your track, ARIA will reset it's volume sliders according to Sonar's MIDI volume controls.

I think the workaround is in: Project options->MIDI out-> uncheck Reset MIDI Controlers When Play Stops.

Hope this helps...

Éric
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Smile Re: Aria Sliders

Hmmm, thanks EricP. I didn't realize that. Mine seem to work correctly but I will definitely check the advice out in Sonar and make sure I have that project options switch set correctly. This is what I love about this forum!

Rich

Thanx for your input, EricP -
    For much of my work, including the project I am referring to, I use Templates. So all of the settings are the same, unless I purposefully change them. The volume (cc7) settings are not reflective of what the Aria changes to. Volume Trim would not be a factor, either. Typically, I leave the Sonar sliders at 101 (default) and use other means to adjust (unless I'm using VSampler, which is not the case here).

Frank

Don't they sell Aria Sliders at the Orcas Island White Castle?
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

reberclark
    Don't they sell Aria Sliders at the Orcas Island White Castle?
    Ha Ha ROLF

Rich

Go Back to forum