• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Electri6ity - anyone have it?

Share/Bookmark

Electri6ity - anyone have it?

I've been eyeing Electri6ity for a while now and am wondering if anyone here has it and can give me their impressions. Also, I'd be curious to hear what your system specs are.

I guess one of my main concerns right now is my system is at the border of the system requirements. It's a 3Ghz Core Duo Windows XP 32 bit with 3GB RAM. I'm not sure how well it'll work with this system. Vir2's site lists 4GB of RAM as the minimum but it also lists Windows XP 32 bit and I was under the impression the best you can get out of XP 32 bit was 3GB (if you do the 3GB switch). So why would they list 4GB with 32 bit XP? Does it make a difference?

Re: Electri6ity - anyone have it?

I have it.

So far...the best guitar yet!

Still haven't figured out how to use all the functions.

There are tons of keyswitches, modes, tweaks and adjustments...most of them somewhat confusing for a guy who doesn't play "real" guitar.

My only complaint..Please provide more tutorials, with MIDI examples!!

I am using Cubase 5.11, Win 7-64bit, 12G RAM, i7-920

Quote Originally Posted by Rogles View Post
    I've been eyeing Electri6ity for a while now and am wondering if anyone here has it and can give me their impressions. Also, I'd be curious to hear what your system specs are.

I guess one of my main concerns right now is my system is at the border of the system requirements. It's a 3Ghz Core Duo Windows XP 32 bit with 3GB RAM. I'm not sure how well it'll work with this system. Vir2's site lists 4GB of RAM as the minimum but it also lists Windows XP 32 bit and I was under the impression the best you can get out of XP 32 bit was 3GB (if you do the 3GB switch). So why would they list 4GB with 32 bit XP? Does it make a difference?
    We listed a 4GB RAM requirement because the guitars are so large that they will bog down a computer that has less RAM. It isn't a "hard" requirement, meaning that Electri6ity will still load in a computer that has 2-3GB, but we've found that your computer may not be able to do much else at the same time. You may end up having to sequence your Electri6ity track then freeze/bounce it in order to build the rest of your track.

We definitely don't recommend using Electri6ity with any less than 2GB.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. I might go ahead and get it. I used to have to freeze tracks all the time with LPC on my old machine so it's something I've been used to anyway. Does it have any light patches?

Does it have any light patches?
    Yes, Electri6ity has light patches and memory management. You can remove articulations you don't use from memory easily.

Cheers,
    Benjamin

Amazing, congrats on such a great release.
    Stephan Römer - Composer & Sound Designer New website online

You'll now find two really comprehensive reviews of Electri6ity here:

Electri6ity review from MusicTech magazine says...9 out of 10!

“A fantastic virtual electric guitar with eight superbly recorded instruments… If you love the sound of guitars but can’t actually play one, Vir2 might have the perfect solution.” - MusicTech
    Read the full review here:
    http://blog.bigfishaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Electri6ity-MTM-Aug20101 .jpg

Electri6ity review from FutureMusic Magazine:
    "A comprehensive and intelligent library that impressively meets all electric guitar needs… a phenomenal library and certainly represents the most comprehensively sampled and organised virtual guitar system I've seen to date." - FutureMusic M
    Read the full review here:
    FutureMusic Jono Buchanan - Electri6ity Product Review

Here are two new Electri6ity user videos (by progtronic):

Metal-Remix of Peter Gabriel's "Not One Of Us"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UarqmD9oaI

Metal-Remix of Peter Gabriel's "Games Without Frontiers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34TPZfXO5Xo

All guitars are done with Electri6ity.

Hey, can anyone please explain me how to update Electri6ity to version 1.1? I copied the 1.1 files to the electri6ity library but nothing changes, it's still on version 1.0
    Thanks!

Same problem here

Go Back to forum