• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee Bass

Share/Bookmark

Re: Scarbee Bass

Hi gigagagga:

Thanks for your nice words. It means much to developers - I can tell you.

I will make more midi-files and tutorials in the future, this has been a very strong part of the Scarbee library concept. Just now I am laying the final hands on J-Fingered and then I must do J-Fretless before the end of 2001. In between I will make files and updates. there will be an update to J-Slap soon - more samples.

Thomas

Scarbee Bass

Just got the Scarbee bass library. I don\'t think I have ever heard such an authentic sounding library as this. the demos make it sound like you can play anything you can dream up in your head.

Very well done and I look forward to ANY other libraries you decide to do.

OK, so now is there any way I can go back through the demos you created and learn how to make my bass lines more realistic. Seems like there is a big opening for somebody with alot of experience with playing samples and making them sound like the real instruments to write and sell tutorials. I am basically a piano player and I\'m trying to get all of these different sample libraries to sound like the real thing and when I hear demos like the Scarbee demos I realize just how far I have to go to make a great sample into a great instrument.

Anyway, any help on figuring out how you built these bass demos would make for great reading. Again loved the library and look forword to more.

Gigagagga

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Munsie:
    [B]PLEASE make a heavy picked bass for use in a rock style set up.

Hi Munsie,

Sure - I will. Maybe after the fretless.
    What kind of sound would you like?
    With the Revalver NFX it would probably be wise to record it clean/line in like my other basses, but I am open to your inputs.

I have watched your earlier mails about this and have not forgot you...

cheers

Thomas

PLEASE make a heavy picked bass for use in a rock style set up. I have several libraries that come VERY close. I would pay good money for a professional sounding heavy picked rock bass.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Munsie:
    PLEASE make a heavy picked bass for use in a rock style set up.

Hi Munsie,

Sure - I will. Maybe after the fretless.
    What kind of sound would you like?
    With the Revalver NFX it would probably be wise to record it clean/line in like my other basses, but I am open to your inputs.

I have watched your earlier mails about this and have not forgot you...

cheers

Thomas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Thomas!

This is good news! Because all that it is really missing in my virtual band now is a kick *** bass guitar sound. I think a good starting point for you to compare your efforts to would be the \"heavy picked bass\" available from Sonic Implants. This is a good rock bass. Simple to use. Down strokes on the left side, up strokes on the right side. Allows you to get that \"chuga-chuga\" thump sound for rock music. In my opinion the \"picked\" sound just isn\'t there enough. I\'m currently putting this sample through an amp simulation that I have to admit does bring it closer to that fat rock sound, but there is defenitely some room here for a better heavy picked rock bass. I think clean is probably in the long run the way to go, but a decked out heavy amp\'ed version \"ready to rock\" would be good also for those who just want to start jammin. My music is very simplistic, the bass parts are basically there just to drive the rythm section. That\'s why I need such a fat-full-rock bass sound. Do you have a decent educated guess when this bass might be available? Thanks again for considering doing this bass!!

Hi Scarbee,

I just listened to your new fingered bass demo from your website. Very nice. Actually, to be honest your \"demos\" sound alot better than some complete \"songs\" I\'ve downloaded from other groups. I think your Fingered Bass will be perfect for a few of the lighter rock songs I am working on.

When will the Fingered Bass be shipping? I saw a previous post back in February that said \"in a couple of weeks\" but I see no mention of it anywhere for sale yet.

Hey Munsie, you can bring out the picked sound on the \"Heavy Picked Bass\" by either eq\'ing the samples or your rendered wav. Put a parametric filter on there that bumps up 3.5-3.7 KHz by 12dB with a Q of 2. That should give you enough \"pick attack\" sound.

Hi Munsie,

Due to the TASCAM take over, things have been delayed a bit. All the sampling and programming is done, but cover artwork, etc. is not there yet.

I am glad you liked the Fingered demoes. I will soon upload a new Fingered demo of JF3 (neck pick up) I think it will be quite cool.

I myself hope for a release in 2-3 weeks.

Scarbee

2-3 weeks? I thought you just wrote that you had to do the fretless first and the j-fingered wouldn\'t be out until next year??

J-Fingered will be out in a few weeks...

I am truely sorry if I have been unclear abiut this.

J-Fretless will be out early 2002 or maybe at Christmas 2001!

Scarbee

Go Back to forum