• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How many revisions of RMX are left?

Share/Bookmark

How many revisions of RMX are left?

I see that is is at 1.9.x. Seems awfully close to being 2.X- since I am a new convert- has Spectrasonics ever moved into 2.x updates before. I would assume this would bring us closer to a replacement to RMX. Plus the fact that it looks out of place with Omni/Trillian on their website- the handles are short, the logo is not in the same position, missing the round 60's window on the interace.
    What do you think?

Re: How many revisions of RMX are left?

I think I know when to get back to work.

That is the problem- work doesn't engage me like figuring out how revision numbers equate to phantom new products.

What "phantom" product are you talking about? Were you promised an update to Stylus that hasn't arrived yet? Besides the short handles and differently placed logo, what about the current Stylus is stopping you from making music? You've gone through all the sounds and add on libraries obviously; what sounds are you finding lacking?

Also ,as time permits, could you provide a list of forums that you visit in which the snide ,negative innuendo that you're posting here gets the positive response that you seemed to expect?

wow. I didnt' read any of that in his posts... I saw it as a spectrasonics enthusiast just curious to know when RMX 2 is coming out, like many of us are.... including me.....clearer at some point among other things they will switch to the new larger interface and more convenient gui of the STEAM synths.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    That is the problem- work doesn't engage me like figuring out how revision numbers equate to phantom new products.

:-)
    I at least appreciate this comment :-), which I assume was meant as a joke.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

heh heh- yes- that was a joke. But honestly- my post was not snide at all. More of speculative wonderment. I have already got my wife to accept the fact that my Father's Day gift is going to be RMX- but then I looked at the latest version- and it dawned on me- have they ever done a 2.0 revision. It looks like they jumped quickly through the 1.x numbers- which could mean a new replacement is on the horizon.

Oh, and if you want to search for me- feel free to look at KVR. I think you will find I am not snide or rude or anything like that (although I am pretty confident you will find a lot of that there without too much looking). Not sure what was negative either- maybe my glass is half full and yours.... welll (just kidding!!! Don't burn the barn for that one!)

zvenx- hey- thanks for supporting me- that was nice and unexpected. Let me tell you- I am having a blast with my 2 products- I have been waiting for years to get them (and it took me moving to Mac to finally do it). I decided to invest in proper gear and not nickle and diming myself (heck- I spent the money on my music degree).

no problem. I try to call it like I see it.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    heh heh- yes- that was a joke. But honestly- my post was not snide at all.
    Not taken that way here either. :-)

More of speculative wonderment. I have already got my wife to accept the fact that my Father's Day gift is going to be RMX
    Good gift. :-)

It looks like they jumped quickly through the 1.x numbers- which could mean a new replacement is on the horizon.
    If six years seems quick, then OK. ;-)

Let me tell you- I am having a blast with my 2 products- I have been waiting for years to get them (and it took me moving to Mac to finally do it). I decided to invest in proper gear and not nickle and diming myself (heck- I spent the money on my music degree).
    That is really awesome to hear!

Eric- you are funny!
    yeah yeah- I know 6 years to go from 1.0 to 1.9. But how long to get to 2.0 (wink wink). Not that I will get anything out of you- but isn't there a NAMM around the corner or something????

Go Back to forum