• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Andres Eloy Rodriguez - Concertino for Orchestra mov III

Share/Bookmark

Andres Eloy Rodriguez - Concertino for Orchestra mov III (with correct link)

LINK CORRECTED¡¡

Hi to everyone...after a long silence

Today, I want to share one of my last works....Concertino para Orquesta (Concertino for Orchestra) in three movements...I am posting the last one.

http://www.box.net/shared/23gzp0pqcp

I would appreciate your feedback about it. Don´t hesistate on make opinions that coulde be hard...the idea is to grow up¡¡

Saludos

Andres Eloy Rodriguez
    Last edited by androdriguez; 06-10-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: mistake on the link

Re: Andres Eloy Rodriguez - Concertino for Orchestra mov III

Hola Andres,

The link is not the right one... hope you can fix it.

~Yudit~

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Hola Andres,

The link is not the right one... hope you can fix it.

~Yudit~
    I have tested again and it´s working fine...

Ugh! I clicked on the link that you provided and all I got was a web page instructing me to "Sign In" in order to access my account. Do I need to join that web bulletin board in order to listen to your piece??

I'll come back later and try again. . .
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Don't provide a link that requires people to register in order to hear your music! In today's world, most people don't have the time to do that. No tiempo! No tiempo! You should be able to set things up so that your music will "stream" when the listener clicks on your link.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Andres, I think the link is to your personal upload page. When you open that page, you should see a little "Link to file" with a web address in the upper right-hand corner of the player. That is the link that you want to share here.

Can't wait to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    Andres, I think the link is to your personal upload page. When you open that page, you should see a little "Link to file" with a web address in the upper right-hand corner of the player. That is the link that you want to share here.

Can't wait to hear it!
    My friend: You hit the nail on the head¡¡ That was just my mistake

the correct link is

http://www.box.net/shared/23gzp0pqcp

Sorry for the unconvenients

Andres Eloy

It's interesting. There are not that many rhythmical pieces in this forum, and the rhythm certainly keeps the piece going. I also like the natural way in which the different sections take over. The tutti passages are less natural, but that might be because of the sound. The music itself is somewhat difficult to listen to, but that's to be expected when it is irregular and non-lyrical. It is, however, a good piece.

The sound is synthy. Fast and dense passages still pose a problem for sample libraries, so I think it will be very difficult to overcome, but making the notes of non-legato lines a bit shorter could help. However, one thing that might be helped is the distortion I hear in the loudest passages. I think you should lower the volume a bit. And if you applied any compression, see what happens if you cut that back.
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    It's interesting. There are not that many rhythmical pieces in this forum, and the rhythm certainly keeps the piece going. I also like the natural way in which the different sections take over. The tutti passages are less natural, but that might be because of the sound. The music itself is somewhat difficult to listen to, but that's to be expected when it is irregular and non-lyrical. It is, however, a good piece.

The sound is synthy. Fast and dense passages still pose a problem for sample libraries, so I think it will be very difficult to overcome, but making the notes of non-legato lines a bit shorter could help. However, one thing that might be helped is the distortion I hear in the loudest passages. I think you should lower the volume a bit. And if you applied any compression, see what happens if you cut that back.
    Well...I barely finished this composition yesterday after two months of work.

I just produced an audio support via Sibelius...I know that it´s not the best way...the right way is by using a sequencer and spend some time on renderizer the work...I just decide for apply a little of Covolutive Rev into the Kontakt player included on Sib. 6....to make a little make over...and that´s it...

Most of the rhithm patterns used on this movement are irregular (7/8, 5/4, and a long etc.)...but I just wanna to share the work instead of the renderization of the audio

Andres -

I LOVE it! I love the energy and drive behind your composition.

Many, many . . . .many. . . years ago, I used to be a keyboardist for a lounge band (on a cruise ship). We played a lot of light-jazz, latin standards, of course. About once a week, though, our little trio accompanied a very talented Greek musician who played his bouzouki. He played a LOT of lively Greek dances that were in 7/8 time. At first, it was difficult for me to "get" that odd-metered feel. Very quickly, though, I grew to LOVE such odd meters and the potential rhythmical drive they can create. In the more recent past, inspired by this Greek musician, I've experimented with "fusing" such odd-meters rhythms with "latin" feels. It's a fun and challenging compositional framework to follow!!!

To my modest ears, from a compositional point of view, you succeeded with this. It's a delight!!

From a rendering point of view. . . You mentioned that you used the software Silibus to create your rendering. It seems that many people, here, use similar notational software to render their music. I know that with a whole lot of time and effort, one can create quite realistic sounding orchestral renderings using "just" notational software. So, you're in good company in using this method in creating such renderings. Without that whole lot of extra "time and effort", the renderings from notational software can sound a bit mechanical. But, in my opinion, that's o.k. if all one wants to do is get a good general idea to the overall sound of a composition.

You certainly succeeded in creating a well-crafted composition. I thoroughly enjoyed the listen!

Much thanks for sharing!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast