• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is version 1.05 still actively in the works?

Share/Bookmark

Is version 1.05 still actively in the works?

The last I see about version 1.05 was a note from Jeff on Jan 13. Is it still under active development?

I'd like to upgrade from the Basic version (1.04) but I got the impression that the Basic version was more "refined" in terms of avoiding timbre and volume discontinuities between notes played at the same velocity, and between velocities changes for the same note, than the full 1.04 version. So I've been waiting for version 1.05 to upgrade to the full version.

Re: Is version 1.05 still actively in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    The last I see about version 1.05 was a note from Jeff on Jan 13. Is it still under active development?

I'd like to upgrade from the Basic version (1.04) but I got the impression that the Basic version was more "refined" in terms of avoiding timbre and volume discontinuities between notes played at the same velocity, and between velocities changes for the same note, than the full 1.04 version. So I've been waiting for version 1.05 to upgrade to the full version.

Me too!! And I have to lengthen this message to at least 12 character, so the rest of the sentence is just ........

Raymond

Two days and nothing but silence. That can't be good.

I didn't ask when it would be finished (I design software too and would never ask that), I just asked if it was still a "hot" project. I guess I should quit waiting and look at Ivory II this month?

It just means I'm developing and sometimes a few days can pass where I haven't checked the forum. Yes, I'm working on 1.05 concurrently with the Steinway B. It's one of a number of items I'm working on (I don't have a public release date).
    Maybe that will help you Macy with decisions. As a general principle I try to focus on what's out rather than what is coming - there will always be something better later. That's certainly the case with what we do and will do, also.

Thanks for the reply Jeff. It's very good to know you are still working on 1.05. Too many companies in this business seem to quit working on existing products long before they are refined in order to get new products to market. I understand the pressure of creating new revenue streams, but when that happens I don't buy that companies new products because I know they will never get "finished" either. I could name some examples, but I suspect that is unnecessary. Thanks again for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    Yes, I'm working on 1.05 concurrently with the Steinway B.
    As grateful as I am for your dedication, it is a weeee bit unfortunate that you have to divide your time between the D and the B projects because it makes getting our 1.05 a bit delayed!

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    It makes getting our 1.05 a bit delayed!

Curt
    Make that way more than a bit delayed. Almost six months after this thread was started, do you (Jeff) have an estimate yet on the 1.05 release? Or is the corporate focus now on getting the B released?

Thanks,
    Curt

Hi Curt,
    They go together more than you might expect - a number of improvements for B apply to the D (v1.05) and vice-versa. The focus is definitely on the B right now, but as I said the one goes with the other to large extent. I wish I could tell you all current plans, but mainly since plans change we try not to publicly provide release dates. For what it's worth though, mid January at the NAMM show is often a very good time to look for new releases and/or new public product news.

Lightbulb Re: Is version 1.05 still actively in the works?

Is the the new version 1.05 64 bit (Mac) or we are getting 32 bit version only.

MRAC Publishing

Dear Jeff, could you drop a note about the 64 bit Mac version - will it work with VSL Ensamble 64bit or ...?

JP

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast