• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic and multiple channels for Omni/Trilian/Sylus solution

Share/Bookmark

Logic and multiple channels for Omni/Trilian/Sylus solution

In case anyone else wastes time trying to get this to work but gets stumped- here is the "slap your forehead" solution:
    When you go to add a new track and select Software Instrument- just above that- type in 8 after Number: and then enable Multi-timbral.
    Hit Create
    And that is it.
    Logic will automagically load up 8 midi tracks (ch1-8) all pointing to Omni/Tril/Stylus.
    Simple stupid

Re: Logic and multiple channels for Omni/Trilian/Sylus solution

Hi premeet01245

- Choose New Track by either:
    choosing Track > New... or
    Click on the + button (above Global Tracks)

- From the drop down menu, choose 'Software Instrument'.
    - Click on the box 'Multi-timbral"
    - Type "8" into the Number text field.
    - Click "OK"

- Now insert a multi-output version of Omnisphere onto the multi-timbral track.

Hope that helps

Javaj, it's been mentioned here before but just in case you didn't know about it MacProVideo.com has great Logic tutorials. When I first got Logic I got those and they really made a difference in getting me up to speed quickly. I've since gotten other tutorials there and they are really great. rounik has a link to MacProVideo at the bottom of his post so you can just click and go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaiden View Post
    Javaj, it's been mentioned here before but just in case you didn't know about it MacProVideo.com has great Logic tutorials. When I first got Logic I got those and they really made a difference in getting me up to speed quickly. I've since gotten other tutorials there and they are really great. rounik has a link to MacProVideo at the bottom of his post so you can just click and go there.
    Thanks for the kind words Dreamaiden! Glad to know you've been enjoying the logic tutorials at macprovideo.com. We do a lot more than Logic tuts these days too...

thanks for the reminder. I have watched some of their videos (like the free ones included on the Music Tech Focus Logic mag for example).
    I do agree that they seem to be the premier tutorial site for Logic.
    I am saving up for the last child in the family- Omni and Tril want a brother badly- they are dying to be "beat"en- get it???
    Once I have may way (I am a guy- so I am against picking up the map until I am completely lost), I will look into getting a MacProVideo membership.

Although, I may do that sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    I do agree that they seem to be the premier tutorial site for Logic.
    I am saving up for the last child in the family- Omni and Tril want a brother badly- they are dying to be "beat"en- get it???
    I think lil' Omni and Tril will love a new brother (or sister?) to play with! RMX is awesome.

and I see that I can even adopt quadruplets from Ilio. Yikes- that would be a freaking awesome combination- just listened to the demos.
    I can't wait!

Wow! All these kids running around... and the best thing is they should be seen and heard ;-)

Yeah, but Mom always gives me that look when they get out of control and get too loud (like as if I can keep them quiet hahahaha!)

Go Back to forum