• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - World Expo in Shanghai

Share/Bookmark

OT - World Expo in Shanghai

Hi All,

I just returned from a trip to Singapore and Shanghai, where among other things I spent a day at the World Expo. It was pretty incredible. Some of the building architecture was quite astounding.

Shanghai is an amazing city - 25 million people including those who work in the city and live in the country (they really live in the city but are registered as living in the country). The driving is insane.

In Singapore I presented at a conference attended by 5,500 people, had lots of media interviews and was involved in a couple of press conferences.

When I arrived at the event there was a larger than life poster with a photo of me and some other posters of other people. It was quite disconcerting to be talking to people with a large poster of myself behind them. I was thinking of wearing that same shirt from the photo without knowing about it - glad I didn't.

All in all, a pretty intense week!

Re: OT - World Expo in Shanghai

Nice doing overthere. And.... more reason to launch that Ethnic library now, so next time you can surprise them with some USA made Chinese music.
    I envy you having been there. I always tell my wife, if there is an opportunity to go further abroad, I wish to go to China, not only those massive cities, but also the countryside. But... I think this will never happen, so we have to do with stories like yours and documentaries on TV.

Welcome back

Raymond

Re: OT - World Expo in Shanghai

Wonderful--And welcome back, Alan!

"...It was quite disconcerting to be talking to people with a large poster of myself behind them..."

That would have made a fun photo!

Randy

Go Back to forum