• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trillian Live Mode other than on midi channel 1

Share/Bookmark

Trillian Live Mode other than on midi channel 1

I am setting up a VE Pro instance with a handful of Trillian basses.

If I add a Trillian instance that responds to midi channel 1, and I load a Trillian multi, all the keyswitches work as expected in live mode.

I then add another Trillian instance that responds to midi channel 2, load another multi. I also set the midi channel to 2 in the the live mode settings. The keyswitches don't respond. And the main patch playes all the way down in the octave where the keyswitches should be. I can then learn a new keyswitch for the second slot. Trillian will respond to this new learner keyswitch, but upon release of the keywitch, it doesn't revert back to the main patch in slot 1. The main patch now simply won't sound.

Is the live mode designed to only work with midi channel 1, or is there a way around this problem?

Re: Trillian Live Mode other than on midi channel 1

The keyswitches in the factory multis are set up to respond to midi channel 1. If you want them to respond to any midi channel, use MIDI Learn and Automation -> Make MIDI Learned Controls Omni. If you want one instance to only respond to midi channel 2, you can use MIDI Learn and Automation -> Show Current Assignments to see how a factory key switch multi is set up and then mimic that.

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Re: Trillian Live Mode other than on midi channel 1

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    If you want them to respond to any midi channel, use MIDI Learn and Automation -> Make MIDI Learned Controls Omni.
    That worked perfectly. Many thanks!

Go Back to forum