• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume Drop

Share/Bookmark

(Solved) Volume Drop

In Sonar 8.5 I have one midi trk going to GPO. I load the Strings but the sound is barely audible. I have the trk vol all the way up. I also set the velocity all the way up. Also trk in mixer for Aria Player is up all the way too.

If the song is playing and I load strings in slot #2 while the song is playing, I can hear the strings fine. But stop the song and start it over and the volume drops back out.

Any ideas on what I am doing worng? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Win xp sp2 Home
    Athlon x2 4400
    mAudio 2496 (ASIO)

[edit]
    I looked around at other posts after I made this post and found Randy had helped Gaynor with another issue. But the info he gave was the solution to my trouble! Thanks Randy!!!
    [/edit]
    Grem

Answer The Call
    While You Still Hear It All
    Because Nobody Will
    If You Won't. DT

Re: Volume Drop

You need to insert CC1 (Modulation) events in your tracks. CC1 controls volume and timbre. This is the most important controller in GPO. I recommend riding this control thru the whole track to bring the instruments to life. No instrument plays at just one volume.

It's a good idea to read the manual to understand all of the controllers available to shape the GPO sounds.

Jim

Re: Volume Drop

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    It's a good idea to read the manual to understand all of the controllers available to shape the GPO sounds.

Jim
    Yes you hit the nail on the head! Thanks for your reply. I am RTFM right now as I should have from the get go!!!
    Grem

Answer The Call
    While You Still Hear It All
    Because Nobody Will
    If You Won't. DT

Go Back to forum