• Register
  • Help

Topic: Forum problem? Trouble viewing a thread

Share/Bookmark

Forum problem? Trouble viewing a thread

Does the Northern Sounds forum software have a limit on thread length, or do I have a browser problem?

There's a very long-running poll/thread " Have you used pirated sample libraries?", recently bumped. It claims to have 255 posts and (with my settings) 26 pages. When I try to go to the last page I get the next to the last page - 25 of 26 - with the last entry dated 02-14-2010. Obviously not the bump entry. Hovering over the page 26 navigation link I see "Show results 251 to 256 of 256" but clicking on it redisplays page 25.

Anyone else having trouble with that thread? I'm using Firefox 3.6.3.

Pat

Re: Forum problem? Trouble viewing a thread

This is a common issue with this forum software - once the thread reaches a certain length, there appears to be some sort of rounding issue with the page counts. Don't worry about it - clicking on last post will take you to the last post regardless of whether there is a report of an additional page. The page count is just an estimate effectively.

Well, how about the report of 255 or 256 posts (both counts being reported) but my not seeing any past post 250 dated 02-14-2010 ... definitely not the post that caused a bump last week? Can you see a post dated some time last week? I can't.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post
    Well, how about the report of 255 or 256 posts (both counts being reported) but my not seeing any past post 250 dated 02-14-2010 ... definitely not the post that caused a bump last week? Can you see a post dated some time last week? I can't.

Pat
    I believe it also gets bumped when someone votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    I believe it also gets bumped when someone votes.
    Ah. That would explain everything if each vote also increments the "posts" count. The displayed count is staying the same - 255 on the forum index page; 256 on the "Last" link hover text - but that probably just indicates overflow of a 1 byte counter.

Pat

I went through the same confusion, Pat, and I don't think it's all due to the thread being boosted when someone votes. I got email notification that the thread had been updated, I saw the post in my email, but when I came here, the next page button would take me nowhere and the post wouldn't be found. As if it had been deleted by the poster?

IIII don't know.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum