• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Warning about Yellow Tools elicenser

Share/Bookmark

Warning about Yellow Tools elicenser

If you enter the same response code 3 times you will use up all of your authorizations.

Unlike IK or NI, Cakewalk ect., your serial #, C/R codes are kept on site and emailed. If I reformatted the same machine 10 times I could still authorize those products without having to go thru the C/R process.

Not with Yellow Tools.

Therefore I will never buy anything with their name on it again. Buyer beware!

Re: Warning about Yellow Tools elicenser

This is totally crazy... how much is it then to received more licenses?
    I just got on board with their current promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    If you enter the same response code 3 times you will use up all of your authorizations.

Unlike IK or NI, Cakewalk ect., your serial #, C/R codes are kept on site and emailed. If I reformatted the same machine 10 times I could still authorize those products without having to go thru the C/R process.

Not with Yellow Tools.

Therefore I will never buy anything with their name on it again. Buyer beware!
    You are a registered customer. Wouldn't it be possible to just write them an email and ask them to reset your authorisation record? I mean, they can't have made such a stupid system?

Here is a question and answer from the YT forum.
    --------------------

Does someone know, how it is, when I want to change my hardware and I already have used the three e-licenses.
    Will I get new licenses?

Rudl
    Rudl View Public Profile Send a private message to Rudl Find all posts by Rudl
    04-29-2010, 04:08 PM
    YT support
    Administrator

Hi Rudl,
    this is not a problem - of course all users will update their computers or even replace them with new ones sooner or later.
    In this case please contact us and we will adjust your activation counter accordingly... as long as you do not request for 10 new activations every month because of new computers you purchased
    Best regards

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
    Here is a question and answer from the YT forum.
    --------------------

Does someone know, how it is, when I want to change my hardware and I already have used the three e-licenses.
    Will I get new licenses?

Rudl
    Rudl View Public Profile Send a private message to Rudl Find all posts by Rudl
    04-29-2010, 04:08 PM
    YT support
    Administrator

Hi Rudl,
    this is not a problem - of course all users will update their computers or even replace them with new ones sooner or later.
    In this case please contact us and we will adjust your activation counter accordingly... as long as you do not request for 10 new activations every month because of new computers you purchased
    Best regards

Christian

I can go to my account at IK, NI and look up my C/R crap.

Yellow Fools-NOT!

Bad company so far from my first impression. Communication between company and end users is half assed.

I'm a registered user on their forums. So far I have not been able to make a post and I PM'd the mod.

Since their C/R is very flawed along with very little communication to the end user, I will warn others about Yellow Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    Even if you don't change your hardware the product code will change.

I can go to my account at IK, NI and look up my C/R crap.

Yellow Fools-NOT!

Bad company so far from my first impression. Communication between company and end users is half assed.

I'm a registered user on their forums. So far I have not been able to make a post and I PM'd the mod.

Since their C/R is very flawed along with very little communication to the end user, I will warn others about Yellow Fools.
    So you're judging the entire company based on this? Apparently, you haven't met much trouble in your life.

Post Re: Warning about Yellow Tools elicenser

Kitekrazy in my opinion you are completely wrong! YellowTools (Christian) always response to my mail very quick and now they are working very hard for the new upcoming update..

Shakuman.

Hi guys,
    time to join I guess ;-)
    Just a few FACTS here - you can also read all this on our website and the PDF documentation that comes with every product!
    E-License system:
    • As long as a product is NOT activated yet, the E-License Manager will create a new product code with every start. No problem at all: after you received your response code you can start the app again and then simply paste both (product code and corresponding response code) into the respective fields to activate.
    • you can use your product code/response code combination for the computer you activated the product again and again - even after reformatting the HDD, updating your OS, etc.
    The codes that have been created and generated for your computer will always work as long as you do not change hardware (nothing really special)
    • After you requested for a response code online you always receive an email with both the product code AND the valid response code - for your archive if you may need it in the future.

If there are any problems with the E-License system or the response code request, we always reset the user's counter to make sure no licenses gets lost. The same if one reached his maximum. No problem to reset his counter if he updated his hardware. All this is just a question of the amount of licenses a users requests for - there is a difference if you ask for 3 new codes a year or a year.

@ Paul (Kitekrazy):
    If everything is that bad in your opinion - even everything you mention is explained with all details in the manuals, etc. - I do not have any problem to take back the product for a refund, even it was a download version you purchased. Apart from that I think the first step normally is to contact our support to try to get problems solved. You have sent an email yesterday and got a reply with all information the same day... is this really that bad.
    Well, think about it and let me know if you want to return your product.

Best regards

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by yellow tools View Post
    • As long as a product is NOT activated yet, the E-License Manager will create a new product code with every start. No problem at all: after you received your response code you can start the app again and then simply paste both (product code and corresponding response code) into the respective fields to activate.
    So that doesn't help in offline activation. I tried the response code that was emailed and it didn't work. I just find it odd that a C/R scheme would generate new codes with out any system changes.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow tools View Post
    If everything is that bad in your opinion - even everything you mention is explained with all details in the manuals, etc. - I do not have any problem to take back the product for a refund, even it was a download version you purchased. Apart from that I think the first step normally is to contact our support to try to get problems solved. You have sent an email yesterday and got a reply with all information the same day... is this really that bad.
    Well, think about it and let me know if you want to return your product.

Best regards

Christian
    Thank you very much. You did solve the problem. Now if you can fix my problem that is in another thread. I had to use this forum since I haven't been able to post in the YTs forum. I've PM'd the mod twice about this.

No, I'm not going to ask for a refund. Maybe I'll buy another product to be a thorn in your flesh.

Thanks for the great deal BTW.

Go Back to forum