• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Fields of Gettysburg"

Share/Bookmark

"The Fields of Gettysburg"

"The Fields of Gettysburg" is the seventh piece in "Our American Heritage."
    I set the opening and ending words of the Gettysburg Address to music and added musical variations. There are 3 sections:

1. Four Score and Seven Years Ago
    "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."
    2. Requiem for Rebs and Yanks
    3. Government of the People
    "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

http://www.gygardner.com/music/OurAm...Gettysburg.mp3

Re: "The Fields of Gettysburg"

I'm not an american, but I feel the spirit of it in this piece.
    Nice job!
    There is no spoon.

Wonderful job Jeff.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

I downloaded Our American Heritage from your Web site several days ago and am working through it. I heard "The Fields of Gettysburg" yesterday and like it a lot - I've been through about 2/3 of OAH thus far and it is very, very good - I am especially impressed with how you have been able to capture the feel of each piece/era of American history even though the musical styles can be quite different.

FYI, I mentioned OAH on my Web site (link to post) as it has re-inspired me to work on a suite in tribute to the Space Shuttle. Thanks for getting me started on this project :-)
    Using Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 with Finale PrintMusic 2010

www.jms3music.com

I am delighted that you thought enough of "OAH" to add a link on your web site. Thank you!
    Unfortunately, after reviewing some of the pieces before posting, I found that some were a little harsher in spots than I had intended. I will try to find out how to update my web site and fix them.
    Thanks again.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by WFEATHER View Post
    I downloaded Our American Heritage from your Web site several days ago and am working through it. I heard "The Fields of Gettysburg" yesterday and like it a lot - I've been through about 2/3 of OAH thus far and it is very, very good - I am especially impressed with how you have been able to capture the feel of each piece/era of American history even though the musical styles can be quite different.

FYI, I mentioned OAH on my Web site (link to post) as it has re-inspired me to work on a suite in tribute to the Space Shuttle. Thanks for getting me started on this project :-)

Go Back to forum