• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New "Filters" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

Share/Bookmark

New "Filters" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

TUTORIAL VIDEO - New "Filters" tutorial video for Omnisphere and Trilian users posted: http://bit.ly/9apT5j

Re: New "Filters" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

Edit: Strange, on my studio computer I can hear everything. So I guess it's something with my internet computer.

Hi Eric,
    Do you have any idea why I only hear the person talking in the video but can't hear the synth playing?
    For example, at 1:55 I can't hear Omnisphere playing.
    I'm not on my studio computer which is not connected to the internet but I have stereo monitors on this internet computer and I should have been able to hear it.
    Do you have any idea why?
    Do others experience the same phenomenon?
    BTW, I didn't have this type of problem in the older tutorials.
    Has something changed on my end or did you guys change the way you record the Omni sounds in the tutorials?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Apple keeps changing Quicktime, so it's likely an incompatibility problem with viewing on Quicktime for Windows. (Works fine on OSX)

We'll look into it.

Sheez, if Apple's in such a rush to kill Flash, you'd think they'd put a priority on keeping Quicktime working! We rely on multitrack playback for these videos and that's what Apple keeps breaking everytime they update Quicktime.

I noticed the same problem viewing the videos now on the iPhone and iPad.

We'll see if we can sort out what's going on with this latest Quicktime stuff.

I didn't know the "Inverse Envelope"...I'm gonna use it right now!!!
    Thanks for the video!!

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    Edit: Strange, on my studio computer I can hear everything. So I guess it's something with my internet computer.

Hi Eric,
    Do you have any idea why I only hear the person talking in the video but can't hear the synth playing?
    For example, at 1:55 I can't hear Omnisphere playing.
    Hi!

Had that as well (not with these new videos but with the first artist video).
    I started playing them in VLC player and eventually found out that there are two audio streams which VLC cannot play simultaneously. Using the latest version of Quicktime solved it.

regards,
    Andreas

Great video! Thanks...the second half was particularly illuminating.

And it was only in the closing seconds that I noticed the P word used!
    "Powerful" has absolutely GOT to be the most over used word ever in connection with music software. It would make a fabulous drinking game to watch any music software tutorial with friends and wait for the inevitable P word!

But seriously...thanks Eric and crew for a terrific tutorial.
    Much appreciated.

It was very ... powerful. (ducks for cover)

Andy B

Thank you Eric & team for this video. I've watched it once without trying things & I've already learnt lots and lots. Not just for Omni & Trilian either - the really good explanations of Key & Env will come in useful elsewhere on other apps.

Marvellous work
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Wink Re: New "Filters" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

FWIW...Works Ok on my crappy WIn XP computer. no probs.

Great tutorial.. I think I just learned more about synthesis in 8 minutes than I learned in twenty years. So thats what that damn key follow knob does!!!!! Well Goll darn!!!!! If that doesn't add a whole new dimension to a bunch of things

Seriously though, you've just rescued "the new generation" from having to spend years figuring out thousands of pages of "how to" books and manuals and "experiments gone horribly wrong" or at least misunderstood,....... with a tutorial of less than 10 minutes that at its very least shows the most vital components of synthesis filtering fundamentals and exactly how they work and interact with each other...... Something that eludes most people for years if not forever.

Another first in the industry ....complimentary...... and brought to you by who else????......hmmmm... Spectrasonics??? .. go figure

I'm convinced Spectrasonics delivers some of the most well thought out instruments available. You guys make it so easy for anyone to get in and create, the instruments are VERY deep yet remain accessible.

I continue to learn quite a bit more about synthesis in general just by watching the videos and reading the manuals.

Honestly you are making it very hard for me to use other plugins, I keep right clicking and looking for my modulation list to popup!

keep up the great work!
    SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, reviews, sounds, software, tutorials, and videos.

Maschine Tutorials - exclusive videos, tips and instructions for Native Instruments Maschine.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Apple keeps changing Quicktime, so it's likely an incompatibility problem with viewing on Quicktime for Windows. (Works fine on OSX)

We'll look into it.

Sheez, if Apple's in such a rush to kill Flash, you'd think they'd put a priority on keeping Quicktime working! We rely on multitrack playback for these videos and that's what Apple keeps breaking everytime they update Quicktime.

I noticed the same problem viewing the videos now on the iPhone and iPad.

We'll see if we can sort out what's going on with this latest Quicktime stuff.
    I'd love it if you moved all your vids. to a less proprietary format.
    .mpg or .mp4 would be real safe.

ALLOK makes an excellent .mp4 converter that is giving me very good quality on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b7LRshgD6Q

Great Filters Video!
    I'll have to go back to it a few times to grasp it all.

Go Back to forum