• Register
  • Help

Topic: New "Memory Management" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

Share/Bookmark

New "Memory Management" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

VIDEO - New "Memory Management" tutorial video for Omnisphere and Trilian is now posted for registered users:

http://bit.ly/9apT5j

Re: New "Memory Management" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

Thanks Eric.
    I love these vids.

Please post a new thread when the new Omni update is out.

Re: New "Memory Management" Video Tutorial available for Omnisphere/Trilian users

Another great and informative video.
    The only very minor bug is that at 5:57, the bass notes are not heard (At least not on my computer).
    Thanks for these videos and looking forward to more.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

sample thinning is amazing, especially the learn feature Can this be used "after the fact" ?

Say I load a whole patch, mess around and get my desired melody, can I then go back and learn the keys I used so it frees up ram or does it only work when initially loading the sound?
    SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, reviews, sounds, software, tutorials, and videos.

Maschine Tutorials - exclusive videos, tips and instructions for Native Instruments Maschine.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsandgear View Post
    sample thinning is amazing, especially the learn feature Can this be used "after the fact" ?

Say I load a whole patch, mess around and get my desired melody, can I then go back and learn the keys I used so it frees up ram or does it only work when initially loading the sound?
    Yep!

That's exactly what you see happening in the video.

Also, once you've trained it, then you can go out and try any other sounds and it will only load the samples for the keys you need!

So in this way, the Lite version is not really "lite" at all in terms of a less than great sound. It's all the available samples the the notes you need and ONLY for those notes you need. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post

Also, once you've trained it, then you can go out and try any other sounds and it will only load the samples for the keys you need!

uhhh....I think I love you lol. Seriously, this is so smart! It's little stuff like this that make a HUGE difference....thank you!

I really like that feature!
    SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, reviews, sounds, software, tutorials, and videos.

Maschine Tutorials - exclusive videos, tips and instructions for Native Instruments Maschine.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsandgear View Post

uhhh....I think I love you lol. Seriously, this is so smart! It's little stuff like this that make a HUGE difference....thank you!

I really like that feature!

simple, and at the same time, great feature!! this is the huge difference when we talk about music software made by people who are REALLY INTO MUSIC!

Thanks to Eric and to his wonderful staff!

I agree!!

Go Back to forum