• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ARIA Player in REAPER - routing help, please

Share/Bookmark

ARIA Player in REAPER - routing help, please

Hi All-

I'd really appreciate some help with this! I've tried everything I can think of and can't resolve it. I've posted in the REAPER forums as well.

I'm running the latest pre-release of REAPER, but I see the same behavior in 3.4.

This is with the ARIA Player, 5 instruments, routed Out 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, etc. Each is assigned its own MIDI channel. I don't think there's anything wrong there, since the same setup is working fine in SONAR.

Here are my ARIA Player I/O settings:

http://home.comcast.net/~SMG_Music/2010-04-26_0344.png

Here's a video of what happens when I play through each MIDI track with Record Monitoring on. Notice how the Audio is routed as I change instruments.
    http://home.comcast.net/~SMG_Music/2010-04-26_0342.swf

I tried the same thing with REAPER's automatic track building (Audio and MIDI) and I've gone through the multi-out synth tutorials again, and still I'm not getting the routing I expect (eg. VLNS1 shouldn't sound with VLAS & BASSES).

Could some kind soul tell me what I'm doing wrong and put me out of my misery, please?

Thanks much in advance-

-Susan

Re: ARIA Player in REAPER - routing help, please

I'm stumped. Everything is obviously routed correctly because as you change tracks you can clearly see the audio output going to the proper audio track. One strange thing I noticed though is that only violin 2 and cello send audio output to their respective audio tracks. The rest also send output to the aria track. I'm not sure if this is related or not though so I don't want to focus on that.

So first question is did you jiggle the mod wheel to make sure CC1 wasn't set to 0?

Also did you verify the routing of your master fader is going to your soundcard?

Pretty basic questions and I certainly don't mean to insult your intelligence but I think it's something very simple. The screenshots and flash file all look correct.

Steve Winkler

Hi Steve-

Re the Mod Wheel and Master fader settings: These are okay; I can hear each part fine as I change tracks, but as you can see, every other one also feeds to VLNS 1.

I'm stumped, too, and don't worry about insulting my intelligence -- I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks so much for the reply!

-Susan

Aah. Ok. I think I misunderstood your problem. What I would suggest is double check the aria player to make sure each aria slot is being sent to the correct audio output.

I think you've got a couple of those set to 1/2

I think you've got a couple of those set to 1/2
    Here's my setup. The only real difference I see is that "Ensemble" you have in the upper left. That looks like a preset list, which I don't have on mine. Maybe I missed an update?

Thanks again-

-Susan

that all looks right. I don't know what's causing the issue. There is an update to the aria player which you can download at garritan's website. I don't think think that's the problem here but it's probably worth upgrading anyway.

steve winkler

So with the Player set up as in your pic, using separate MIDI input tracks, you're not seeing what I am, then? Stupid question, I guess, but I'm getting a little desperate!

I wonder if I could ask you a big favor if yours is working correctly. Would it be possible for you to attach or send me an .rpp? smg_music at comcast dot net

I'm really at a loss, and can't think of a good workaround, other than exporting the project to SONAR. I want to keep separate audio tracks for ARIA in REAPER so I can use its automation.

Thanks so much again, and I'll understand if you don't want to spend any more time on this. It's a real mystery!

BTW, I'm downloading the update now, didn't hear about it for some reason, so this was worth it regardless.

-Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
    The only real difference I see is that "Ensemble" you have in the upper left. That looks like a preset list, which I don't have on mine. Maybe I missed an update?
    Did you install the 4.02 update? Log into your account and grab the latest!

It's a good idea to get the update but this will not fix your problem.

In multi output setups, avoid using the built in reverb (ambience) because its output (wet) is ONLY sent to first stereo out. This was a design decision.

Multi-output version of the player is meant so that users can use their preferred effects on each track in their DAW
    If you don't need ambience, you can turn it off(on the EFFECTS tab) or set Violins 1, Violas and Basses SEND knobs to 0.

If you want to use ambience, you can use the stereo version of ARIA Player or set Violins 1 to another stereo out and let 1/2 for ambience.
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

Oh I see. I'm glad you spoke up pascalM. I would have never figured that out.

Thanks for the info,
    Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum