• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB3 upgrade installed properly?

Share/Bookmark

JABB3 upgrade installed properly?

When I installed GPO4, I put the samples on the D-drive instead of the C-drive where the rest of the files went. I expected to do the same with JABB3, but that's not what's happened.

For GPO4:

D:\Garritan Personal Orchestra v4 -- contains only the samples in a subfolder
    D:\Garritan Personal Orchestra v4\ARIA Player\ -- contains nothing
    D:\Garritan Personal Orchestra v4\Samples\ -- contains sample subfolders "1. Woodwinds", etc

C:\Garritan\Personal ORchestra 4\ -- \contains Banks\, \Ensembles\, etc

But for JABB3:

D:\Garritan Jazz Big Band 3\Jazz and Big Band 3\ -- contains not only the samples, but also \Banks\, \Ensembless\, \GUI\, \Instruments\, \VSTexpression maps\, as well as the Manual, etc.

\Ensembles\ includes "01 Big Band Rhythm Section.aria", "02 Big Band Rhythm Section Lite.aria", etc

C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\Presets\com.Plogue.Aria\JABB\ includes "01 Big Band Rhythm Section.ariax", "02 Big Band Rhythm Section Lite.ariax", etc

Is that how it has to be, or ought I to have been able to put only the samples on the D-drive, as I did with GPO4?

Also, re the "Ensemble" button ...

Clicking the button does nothing unless I click on the L- & R-pointing arrows. The first right-arrow click loads "01 Big Band Rhythm Section", no matter whether the instruments already loaded are from GPO4 or JABB3.

Is that how it's supposed to work?

In the stand-alone version of Aria, I can use the menu to browse to either the JABB3 or the GPO4 ensembles and pick one to load. But in the VST version, which lacks the menus, the only way I can access any JABB3 Ensembles is by repeated clicking of the L & R arrows. And I can't see how to access the GPO4 Ensembles at all.

I'm wondering if I've somehow messed up the installation, and if that's preventing the Ensemble loading from working properly.

Re: JABB3 upgrade installed properly?

Quote Originally Posted by chan View Post
    Is that how it has to be, or ought I to have been able to put only the samples on the D-drive, as I did with GPO4?
    Yes you should be able to put only the samples on your D:.

You can uninstall JABB3 then reinstall.
    After the ARIA Player setup, on the 3rd page or Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 library (Select Destination Location).
    Here you select where you want to install banks, ensembles, manual, sfz...

2 pages further (Select your Samples directory)...

Also, re the "Ensemble" button ...

Clicking the button does nothing unless I click on the L- & R-pointing arrows. The first right-arrow click loads "01 Big Band Rhythm Section", no matter whether the instruments already loaded are from GPO4 or JABB3.

Is that how it's supposed to work?
    Yes the right arrow load the next ensemble in the menu or the first is no ensemble is loaded(01 Big Band Rhythm Section is the first available ensemble).

If you click below Ensemble in the black rectangle left to the arrows, an ensemble menu should pop like the slot instrument menu.
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks for the info, pascalM.

I've finally got round to trying the JABB3 uninstall/reinstall, today. Unfortunately, the outcome hasn't been very good, so far.

I could do with a bit more help.

First, I uninstalled JABB3 but selected the option to leave the samples still installed. Just the samples folder was left on the D drive (\Banks\, etc were all erased, as I wanted).

However, after re-installing JABB3 without also re-installing the samples, I couldn't get Aria to open any of the JABB3 patches - seemingly it couldn't find the samples, and I couldn't see how to tell Aria where the samples were.

I was going to uninstall again and let the installer remove the samples this time (before reinstalling completely), but I couldn't find the uninstaller (or any mention of JABB3) in the WXP menus. So I simply ran the installer again, specifying the existing destination for the samples.

Now, happily, Aria is able to find the JABB3 samples again.

However, as well as writing all the samples to the D drive again, the installer also put back \Banks\, \Ensembless\, \GUI\, \Instruments\, \VSTexpression maps\, as well as the Manual, etc.

Since my purpose in unstalling and re-installing was to end up with just the samples and not all those other folders/files on the D drive (but on the C drive instead), this outcome is rather disappolinting. The net result is that I'm back where I started, except that the sample drive (drive D) is now more fragmented, because all the JABB3 samples were deleted and re-written.

I'm wary of doing any more with the JABB3 installation, in case I end up back where I am now, except with even more fragmentation of the sample drive. However, if you (pascalM or anyone) can tell me how to end up with just the JABB3 samples on the D drive (preferably without deleting and re-installing them again), I'll probably do that.

For insance, if someone can tell me how to tell Aria where to find the samples, I suppose I could start again - uninstall but keep samples, then re-install, and then tell Aria where the samples are.

And, again, frustration with the "Ensemble" button ...

It's still the case that the L & R arrows on the Ensemble button load a JABB3 ensemble, even if the ensemble already loaded is GPO4. And the only way I can see how to open a GPO4 ensemble is to click on "load" in the menu below the Ensemble button, and then navigate to C:\Garritan\Personal ORchestra 4\, where the \Ensembles\ folder for GPO4 still is.

Is there a way that I cam make the L & R arrows scroll through the GPO4 ensembles?

The menu below the Ensemble button has these entries: "load", "reload", "save", and "JABB >". Clicking on "JABB >" displays the JABB preset ensembles.

I'd have expected there to be also a "GPO >" item in the menu, just as there is in the menus for the 16 individual instrument slots.

Ought "GPO >" actually to appear in the menu below the ensemble button? If so, (why isn't it and) how do I make it appear?

Quote Originally Posted by chan View Post
    I'd have expected there to be also a "GPO >" item in the menu, just as there is in the menus for the 16 individual instrument slots.

Ought "GPO >" actually to appear in the menu below the ensemble button? If so, (why isn't it and) how do I make it appear?
    Looks like you don't have GPO4.02 installed.
    Login to youre account at http://www.garritan.com/store and download GPO 4.02 (This will add the GPO item in the Ensemble menu)

For youre other problem, you'll have to reinstall:
    Quote Originally Posted by pascalM
    After the ARIA Player setup, on the 3rd page or Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 library (Select Destination Location).
    Here you select where you want to install banks, ensembles, manual, sfz...
    Select C:\...
    Quote Originally Posted by pascalM
    2 pages further (Select your Samples directory)...
    Select D:\...
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks for the quick response, pascalM.

Is there a "patch"-type download (of GPO4.02) - I can't find one - or do I have to download the entire 964-MB installation package that I find under in the "downloads" screen just to get "GPO >" into the menu discussed above? If I have to do that, might just leave it until there's another update.

Clicking the "updates" button ("On this page you can find all the updates for the products you have registered") there's nothing listed - that does suggest that there's nothing shorter than the 964-MB download that will do the job - unless, of course, something's gone wrong and I actually ought to be finding somehting listed there?

Although I can see by the date of GPO4.02 that it's later than what I've got installed, I can't see how to find out, in the future, which version of GPO4 & JABB3 I actually do have installed.

-- Can anyone tell me how that's done, please?

Also, after looking around the Garritan website (eg in the Main Support Page and in the Knowledge Base) I can't find where it says the latest version numbers or gives the version history and details of what's changed in each version.

-- Can anyone provide a link to a relevant web page, please?

Go Back to forum