• Register
  • Help

Topic: Example Errors - a concern.

Share/Bookmark

Cool Example Errors - A concern.

Firstly, may I say what a wonderful achievement this resource is - remarkable!

I did however notice something that was a little concerning today - Example 25. seems to be at odds with original score:

The Harp part's notes, bar three on the original score reads F, Ab, Db, F, Ab, Db, Eb, G, C, Eb, G, C ...

... on the online version it reads F, G, C, G, C, Eb, Eb, G, C, Eb, G, D.

Naturally I haven't been through the whole website with a 'fine-toothed comb', but it seems likely that there will be other errors .... problematic for an educational resource.

I quite understand that it would be big 'ask' to request that the Garritan back-room boys go back and double check all examples for accuracy, but I wonder whether a way forward might be to include an errata submission page via which users could feed back ...

... thoughts?

Re: Example Errors - a concern.

There's at least one other error - in Example #59 where the clarinet and bassoon play in unison instead of octaves (a little more glaring since it fails to provide the timbre that it supposedly demonstrates). I never mentioned anything but since someone else brought up the subject first...
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

There also seem to be some text errors, which would be easier to fix. For quite a few of the examples, the title in the text and the title just above the score do not match. I'm not always sure which one is correct.

Question Re: Example Errors - a concern.

Well I'm glad I'm not alone here .... I'm not sure how well these threads are monitored by the people who are in a position to respond ...

If anyone could suggest a way of taking his forward that would be helpful ....

... anyone?

Okay here's an idea. Why not just post all the errors we find in this thread here and save "the Garritan back-room" boys the trouble?
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Go Back to forum