• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Covenant"

Share/Bookmark

"The Covenant"

This is the first piece on my web site album: "Survival: The History of the Jews":
    http://www.gygardner.com/music/Survi...20Covenant.mp3

Re: "The Covenant"

Beautiful Jeff, both pieces.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Hippie,
    Thanks a lot!
    Jeff

Hi Jeff;
    I agree with Aram, both pieces are very good. The Covenant sounds very noble. In the mid section though, the big drum is used twice and each time is too loud and carrying too much low frequency, so that drum should be backed off considerably in the mix. The Timpani is OK.
    I did enjoy!

Thanks for posting.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

I echo the thoughts about these two pieces. I enjoyed them.

On the note of the subject, I've thought for some time about writing something about the book of Esther which is certainly related to your subject. I haven't checked out your website, but it looks like you're primarily dealing with WWII time period correct?

EDIT: I just looked and you cover alot of Jewish history.

Steve Winkler

Thanks, sd cisco,
    I welcome suggestions. I'm always trying to improve each piece. Nothing is final.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Hi Jeff;
    I agree with Aram, both pieces are very good. The Covenant sounds very noble. In the mid section though, the big drum is used twice and each time is too loud and carrying too much low frequency, so that drum should be backed off considerably in the mix. The Timpani is OK.
    I did enjoy!

Thanks for posting.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Steve,
    In my web site album "Survival.." I tried to cover Jewish history from the Covenant to the Six Day War. I have been impressed by my Jewish friends by how much the Jews have endured and how they have succeeded with education and hard work.
    My album "Our American Heritage" is a similar tribute to individuals whose personal sacrifice made this country what it is. I tried to cover American history from the land the Native Americans originally inhabited up to the civil rights movement.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I echo the thoughts about these two pieces. I enjoyed them.

On the note of the subject, I've thought for some time about writing something about the book of Esther which is certainly related to your subject. I haven't checked out your website, but it looks like you're primarily dealing with WWII time period correct?

EDIT: I just looked and you cover alot of Jewish history.

Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum