• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sage Converter and iMac/Snow Leopard issues-HELP

Share/Bookmark

Cool Sage Converter and iMac/Snow Leopard issues-HELP

"Because of certain graphics and other possible incompatibilities, we do not recommend that our customers upgrade to Snow Leopard. Please wait until we announce full compatibility with Snow Leopard before updating your operating system."

I found this on the Spectrasonics site (Not up front where it could have been seen easily) after trying in vain to use the latest Sage Converter to import my Akai Backbeat samples from CD into RMX. The disks in SL are unreadable. I am using a new iMac with Snow Leopard 10.6.x , and the machine's CD/DVD drive AND the latest Sage Converter software REFUSES to see the Akai CD.

Is this what they meant by their recommendation's? Is there a work-around? Ya know the iMacs and SnowLeopard OS has been out for a while now. Are there any planned fixes, or do I have a BackBeat Akai paperweight now? HELP please....

Re: Sage Converter and iMac/Snow Leopard issues-HELP

Sorry, that FAQ should have been removed back when we announced Snow Leopard compatibility. It is no longer relevant.

Regarding importing Akai CDs: Assuming you imported those CDs on your old machine, you can simply copy the converted Backbeat folder from the SAGE folder on your old machine to the new one. Or, contact tech support and they'll help you out with this.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn for the info and reply...

Well the old machine was windows based, and its files are no longer available. Yes the Windows version of the Sage Converter saw the Akai files from the CD drive just like this one was supposed to do. The imac drive and the mac version of Sage converter will NOT see the files. So my only option is to wait for Spectranics tech support to contact me???

If Snow Leopard is now compatible, then what is the problem u think? All files loaded are the latest versions...

So what do you suppose they (support) can offer me? I dont wish to purchase another BackBeat Xpander, because that is what the sage converter is supposed to be for isnt it?.

Please advise. All I want to do here is to convert what I have "already" purchased.

Re. the Sage Converter, did you also load Rosetta when you installed Snow Leopard? If I recall correctly, the Sage Converter showed up as PPC and so it needs Rosetta to make it work. Not sure why this app has never been upgraded to Universal. Anyway, please check it out on your Mac. It works fine here on my Mac, but I also installed Rosetta during the upgrade............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

The latest version of the SAGE Converter is universal binary and does not require Rosetta.

- Glenn

Thanks very much for clarifying that, Glenn. I did check every plug-in and program before updating to Snow Leopard in January and the Sage converter was definitely identified as PPC. Other people mentioned the same thing. That suggests then, that although all my Spectrasonic instruments are all shown as being up to date, my converter is not. I'll check that again tonight, but in the meantime have I missed an update for it perhaps and is there a way to download the latest version of the converter? Was it automatically updated with a Stylus update released since January??.................frank

EDIT: Yes, confirmed. I have the converter, version 1.5.1.d with a file date of Dec. 2005, and it's definitely PPC, so obviously the Stylus updates have not updated the converter.

EDIT 2: Just visited your web site and noted that it is now a separate download for Mac users, which is probably why it was missed. Therefore your clarification was most beneficial. Cheers.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

For the latest version of the SAGE Converter, and all other Spectrasonics products, visit the updates page here:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/updates/

You'll find the SAGE Converter on the Stylus RMX page, below the software and data.

- Glenn

Yes, thanks, but I did find it and have already installed it. I also noted that the latest Intel version was released just two weeks after I updated to SL at the beginning of January, so that, along with the separate download now is why I still had the older version at that time. Always good to stay up to date!

I guess I posted at the same time you edited your post :-). Just to let you know, we'll be changing the Stylus software updater to include the sage converter, which should make it easier to keep up to date.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum