• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: No nylon string/classical guitar in GPO4 ?

Share/Bookmark

No nylon string/classical guitar in GPO4 ?

Downloaded GPO4, navigating my way through, beautiful sounds! In GPO for Sibelius Edition for Sibelius 4, there was a nylon/classical guitar. Unless I am missing something, I don't see same in GPO4. Is this correct? If yes, any recommendations for a good classical guitar download that will work easily with Sibelius 6.1? Thanks in advance.

Re: No nylon string/classical guitar in GPO4 ?

Hi, Mquiezt - The Garritan instrument package for Sibelius has selections from several different libraries. But the full GPO is strictly a classic orchestral library, and guitar isn't part of a classic orchestra. Either is a piano, but an excellent piano is included anyway, since it's not uncommon to have a piano added to an orchestra.

A nylon string guitar is the Garritan Jazz and Big Band library.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Mquiezt - The Garritan instrument package for Sibelius has selections from several different libraries. But the full GPO is strictly a classic orchestral library, and guitar isn't part of a classic orchestra. Either is a piano, but an excellent piano is included anyway, since it's not uncommon to have a piano added to an orchestra.

A nylon string guitar is the Garritan Jazz and Big Band library.

Randy B.

RESPONSE: Okay, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    guitar isn't part of a classic orchestra.
    Randy B.
    Hmmm...can someone inform these guys of this? :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3_sML4prLE

Scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
    Hmmm...can someone inform these guys of this? :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3_sML4prLE

Scar.
    Ha! Good one, Scaramouche. Thanks much for the link--fantastic concert. The guitars are a wonderful, nontraditional addition in this case. And then there are pieces that call for orchestra with electric guitars, with a Theremin, with a musical saw, with a synthesizer, and of course the more often encountered piano. The exceptions prove the rule.

Reminds me that a very handy thing for any computer-oriented musician/composer is a Sound Font player, like the free SFZ. It's a convenient way to add to the basic arsenal found in libraries like GPO, COMB and JABB. Sound Fonts aren't developed so much any more, the sfz replacing it. And sfz files can be adapted for playing in Aria. Forum members such as Marce are experts at doing that.

Thanks again for this. Loved it.

Randy B.

Hi Randy and Scaramouche.
    There is an old soundfont called "Protrax Classical Guitar" that is a sampled Nylon Yamaha guitar. I uploaded an stripped version of it for you here:

http://stashbox.org/854388/1Protrax-...cal-Guitar.zip

Uncompress the zip archive content in the same folder, and then, drag n drop the file "1Protrax-classical-guitar.sfz" to ARIA. You should now hear a clean guitar sound.
    The original download site is here: but it is in other format.

The above soundfont can work for your need maybe, it has a nice sound. But if you want a much better guitar sound for free, i suggest you to download "Yellow Independence Free". It is a VST instrument that include some sounds; one of them is a very, very nice acoustic guitar. You also could like the other included sounds (a very nice Electric Piano, a very nice Mexican Acoustic Bass, a very nice percussive ethnic set, well, a lot of very nices...)

Best regards
    Marcelo Colina

Marce,

Could you be a little more explicit on how to download "Yellow Independence Free". I Googled YIF but got a whole bunch of sites, none of which just had the name YIF.

Thank you,

Tom

Hi,

There is a classical guitar library that can be found at the following address:

http://www.notionmusic.com/products/...al_guitar.html

It probably comes with it's own player, but should load up in your sequencer. The samples were recorded by Benjamin Verdery on a Smallman guitar. They sound quite good.

There is also one at the following address:

http://www.musesamples.com/

It looks like it uses the Kontakt player, but again, should load into your sequencer fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TinPanAlley View Post
    Marce,

Could you be a little more explicit on how to download "Yellow Independence Free". I Googled YIF but got a whole bunch of sites, none of which just had the name YIF.

Thank you,

Tom
    Googling "Yellow Independence Free": http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=842

Downloading now...

Thank you Marcelo. Thank you Rob.

I have spent a good part of today, downloading “Yellow Independence Free”. It contains some really good sounds, but in particular good acoustic guitars. I highly recommend.

I use acoustic guitar frequently. I have been using acoustic guitars of Halion Player for many years. The Spanish guitar of “Yellow Independence Free” is very similar to the guitar I use from Halion Player.

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Go Back to forum