• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using GPO Finale Edition in Sonar 8.5

Share/Bookmark

Using GPO Finale Edition in Sonar 8.5

Hi there,
    I'm using Finale 2007, which came bundled with GPO (Finale edition) and is played through the NI Kontakt Player 2.
    When I load the Kontakt Player into Sonar's Synth Rack it sees but won't load GPO instruments and gives the message:
    "The library you're trying to load from does not seem to be registered properly. The patch cannot be loaded."

Is what I'm trying to do possible and, if so, any suggestions as to what I can do to load GPO into Sonar?

Thanks,
    John

Re: Using GPO Finale Edition in Sonar 8.5

I believe that's about the time they (MakeMusic I suppose) locked down the player to only work within Finale.

I'm not sure if the Aria player that comes with Finale 2009 and 2010 are locked down so simply upgrading Finale might not help you with regards to Sonar either.

For sure if you purchase the full GPO4 you'd be able to use that in Sonar plus have access to a more complete set of sounds, but you wouldn't be able to use GPO4 with Finale 2007. To use GPO4 with Finale you'd have to upgrade to Finale 2010. It also works with Finale 2009 but I'm not sure you can upgrade to that version.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by John Duggan View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm using Finale 2007, which came bundled with GPO (Finale edition) and is played through the NI Kontakt Player 2.
    When I load the Kontakt Player into Sonar's Synth Rack it sees but won't load GPO instruments and gives the message:
    "The library you're trying to load from does not seem to be registered properly. The patch cannot be loaded."

Is what I'm trying to do possible and, if so, any suggestions as to what I can do to load GPO into Sonar?

Thanks,
    John
    Hello John and welcome to our forums.

I also use Finale with sonar and presently I have Finale 2010. From what I can remember, with Finale 2007 you can only use the bundled Garritan set within Finale.

If you can upgrade to Finale 2010 bundled with the new Aria set of instruments, then you will be able to use this in Sonar with files created within Finale.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Chaps,
    Many thanks - both are welcome replies and I shall consider my options. Whatever happens, I think I may need to dip into my pocket …
    John

Go Back to forum