• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: Vote in the Garritan Orchestrational Challenge No. 23

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #23!

Share/Bookmark

Re: It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #23!

It's a shame we can't vote for more than one. Good work everyone.

Steve Winkler

Thanks much for getting the poll up, Tony!

Steve, there was at least round when we could cast multiple votes - and as I recall, it didn't work out so well. That's my recollection.

Hearty hats off to all 8 Forum members who devoted some time to this. We're all about music here, and it's wonderful to share what we do in General Discussion--Yaaaah! for these 8 dedicated, talented people.

Randy

Many thanks Tony!!

Congrats again to all those who entered!

Yeah, we once did have a poll in which you could vote for as many as you wanted, but it caused a bunch of confusion.

Oh, since the polls don't always close automatically, we should probably state when voting actually ends (even if the poll keeps going). How's April 27th sound? (That's 3 weeks.)
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin View Post
    ...we should probably state when voting actually ends (even if the poll keeps going). How's April 27th sound? (That's 3 weeks.)
    Good, Sean, that sounds right to me.

Now let's all try to keep this poll visible and up there on the front page so more people are apt to take a listen and vote.

I don't know if it's a Firefox upgrade, or Windows update, but this time when I click the MP3 links, a new tab opens and the music plays with no downloading needed - It's nifty, just don't know how that changed came about.

Randy

My! It's obvious that a great deal of time and effort has gone into these entries. Great job everyone!

These are most interesting. I am always amazed at how one simple melody can be heard and presented in so many different ways.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I'm still very new to articulation but I was thinking we couldn't control strings vibrato with GPO4.
    I can definitely hear it controlled in at least one of these pieces.

Thanks guys and nice job,
    Randy

Edit: I just read up on vibrato and it appears that cc #17 can control vibrato but not to instruments recorded with vibrato. I can't seem to find any solo strings that allows this control though.

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to all the entrants!

It's so amazing to hear all the varied approaches to Randy's theme. Super job everyone! So it's back to listening for me as I hear something new each time I listen to the entries.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    I can't seem to find any solo strings that allows this control.
    Welcome Randy!

Your ears don't deceive you. Several of these entries use the specialty Garritan products, the Gofriller Solo Cello and Stradivari Solo Violin. These products allow control of vibrato intensity and speed, as well as many other parameters.

As you've discovered, many GPO4 instruments allow vibrato control (page 73 in the GPO4 manual, PDF format), notably the winds. However, I believe that you are correct that the GPO4 string instruments do not have that capability.

Ken

Go Back to forum