• Register
  • Help

Topic: Library and pitch question

Share/Bookmark

Library and pitch question

Hi
    Sorry for my bad english, i´m from germany.

First of all, i would like to say that in my opinion Omnisphere and Trillian are the best plug-ins ever!
    I´m using Trillian and Omnisphere for my projects and was forced to install the trillian-library on my external drive because i was out of memory.
    Now the Trillian Steam folder is on drive G, the Omnisphere Steam folder on drive C.
    Everytime when i load up an instance of one of these two plugins, it asks me where the Steam folder is located and after that, i have to close the instance and re-open it again.
    This cost me a lot of time. What can i do so that the 2 plug-ins know where there libraries are and don´t ask me about it every single time?

One last question.
    When i right-click on a fader or a knob in Omnisphere / Trillian, i can press “host enable” and that works realy great! The problem is, when i right click on the pitch i can´t see something like host enable. Is there a way to midi-learn the pitch?
    Thank you for your time.
    greetings

Re: Library and pitch question

Quote Originally Posted by Specker View Post
    Hi
    Sorry for my bad english, i´m from germany.

First of all, i would like to say that in my opinion Omnisphere and Trillian are the best plug-ins ever!
    I´m using Trillian and Omnisphere for my projects and was forced to install the trillian-library on my external drive because i was out of memory.
    Now the Trillian Steam folder is on drive G, the Omnisphere Steam folder on drive C.
    Everytime when i load up an instance of one of these two plugins, it asks me where the Steam folder is located and after that, i have to close the instance and re-open it again.
    This cost me a lot of time. What can i do so that the 2 plug-ins know where there libraries are and don´t ask me about it every single time?
    You can only have one STEAM folder. I don't know how you managed to install Omnisphere and Trilian to two different STEAM folders, but simply copy the Omnisphere folder from your STEAM folder on your C drive to the STEAM folder on your G drive. Load Trilian and select the STEAM folder on your G drive like you've done before. After that, Omnisphere should be ok.

One last question.
    When i right-click on a fader or a knob in Omnisphere / Trillian, i can press “host enable” and that works realy great! The problem is, when i right click on the pitch i can´t see something like host enable. Is there a way to midi-learn the pitch?
    Thank you for your time.
    greetings
    Click on "Transpose" to change it to "Coarse". That's the Pitch control you want to automate, not the Transpose.

- Glenn

ahh, ok! Thank you very mutch!
    I think i managed to install Omnisphere and Trilian to two different STEAM folders on the way i renamed the Omnisphere Steam folder before i installed Trillian.
    Clever, dont you think.

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Specker View Post
    Clever, dont you think.
    Trilian comes with a watchme movie on disc 1 and instructions in the printed installation guide which show you how to install Trilian, including instructions for the case where you already have Omnisphere installed, but don't have room to install Trilian to that same location.

- Glenn

i see.. thx again!

Go Back to forum