• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help choosing a sequencer for midi.

Share/Bookmark

Help choosing a sequencer for midi.

I was watching these video tutorials by Theo and was struck by the various abilities of the sequencer, Cakewalk in this case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QlKV...eature=related

I am using Reaper and it just doesn't have these abilities.

Can Cubase do all the same things as well, like lassoing multiple tracks in the track view and have them show up in the midi editor and the various instruments on the right side of the midi editor so that you can easily choose an instrument and then start inserting notes for that instrument and the midi scrub tool, and ll the rest?

Can Sonar Home Studio do all of that or would I need the full Sonar Studio or Pro?

I'd really like to thank Theo. Those tutorials are wonderful.

Re: Help choosing a sequencer for midi.

I think only real big difference in Sonars are effect and instrument plugins.
    ps. i think all most important things found any modern software but i dislike Cubase when i tested it (lite versions what come Emu 0404 PCI soundcard). Later i also looked when i test things this Cubase i think is no so awful but Sonar is still bit easier to me. and i must add i think to my taste Sonar instrument plugins are maybe better but effects mabe not.
    i used in pc Sonar but now slowly changing to Mac and Logic.(few backups are not yet done and i buy Logic soon i can) and why i change truth is Windows (so slow and ugly system ugly means how system looks) and Virus killers and some odd 3d/video problems at least make to me big headache and i also hate noisy computers. and i think i can add almost all pro musicans what i like uses Logic.

For the PC I think Cubase 5 is unbeatable.
    Superior to Sonar for scoring and orchestration stuff.

For the Mac I would look into Logic.

The sequencer is by far the most powerful tool in the studio.
    Learn it well, whatever it is.
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

I must sonar plugins are to my taste better and i think program is easier both have good and bad points. I must still say Cubase notation is gives some features what is sometimes needed.
    ps. today i started learing Logic Studio 2....

Quote Originally Posted by JUPEKU View Post
    I must sonar plugins are to my taste better and i think program is easier both have good and bad points. I must still say Cubase notation is gives some features what is sometimes needed.
    ps. today i started learing Logic Studio 2....

I do find Cubase very easy to use, and offering some top plugin quality it allows you to do many things at once editing is 2nd to none, I also find that you can set up and get into your project with great speed and is very plugin friendly.

I am a novice when it comes to notation but cubase is a great help in what it also offers in notation.

Keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 4gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware: controlFreek 16 channel. yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.

Go Back to forum