• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ARIA Manual

Share/Bookmark

ARIA Manual

Is there a PDF manual for the ARIA Engine (GPO4, etc.)? Might have lost mine.

and

Can anyone explain the difference between the ARIA engine and the ARIA (Multi) Engine?

Best,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: ARIA Manual

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Is there a PDF manual for the ARIA Engine (GPO4, etc.)? Might have lost mine.

and

Can anyone explain the difference between the ARIA engine and the ARIA (Multi) Engine?

Best,
    Bill
    Hello Bill,

Yes, there is a manual for GPO4 Aria. The manual is included in your GPO4 installation file and this needs to be be copied manually to whever you would like it to reside.

I saved my GPO4 download file to a DVD and just checked that the manual is there.

The ARIA Multis are pre-configured instrumental combinations. To give a few examples:

Complete Brass Sections
    French Horns section
    Piano Trio
    String Quartet
    Brass quintet
    Chamber Orchestra

The full list with details of the instruments included are listed on Page 147 of the manual .. when you find it.

Hope this helps.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Yes, there is a manual for GPO4 Aria. The manual is included in your GPO4 installation file and this needs to be be copied manually to whever you would like it to reside.
    Oh, oh! I apparently did not do this when I ordered and downloaded GPO4. And I don't see a way of doing the download again without first paying again. Is the manual available any other way?

I found a couple GPO4 manuals somewhere (scribd, maybe?) but not the Aria doc.

Pat

Thanks Michael, that's where they were.

Pat, they are not doc files. On the PC they are PDF. I don't know what they are on a MAC, if that is what you are using. They should be in the folder that was expanded from the ZIP file that you purchased. If you can't find, give a yell.

Best,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

... they are not doc files. On the PC they are PDF. ...
    Sorry. I meant doc as in "documentation, not as in ".doc". I shpuld have been more specific.

They should be in the folder that was expanded from the ZIP file that you purchased.
    And I should have saved that .zip file, but apparently I did not.

If you can't find, give a yell.
    I guess I'm yelling.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post

I guess I'm yelling.

Pat
    Hey Pat!

Somewhere on your computer you should have a folder called Garritan Personal Orchestra. That's where you'll find the manual. However, just in case it's not there (and I hope I'm not breaking any laws or anything), I uploaded this to box.net and you can download it again. Here you go:

http://www.box.net/shared/onyo09usfc

Gary A.

Oh NO!!!! It's the Garritan Police Organization (GPO)! They found me!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Somewhere on your computer you should have a folder called Garritan Personal Orchestra. That's where you'll find the manual.
    Well, I've got the C:\Program Files\Garritan\Personal Orchestra 4\ directory with all the GPO stuff in it ... except the doc.

However, just in case it's not there (and I hope I'm not breaking any laws or anything), I uploaded this to box.net and you can download it again. Here you go:

http://www.box.net/shared/onyo09usfc
    No! Wait! You don't have to. Bill already ...

Oh NO!!!! It's the Garritan Police Organization (GPO)! They found me!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
    Oops. Too late.

And I didn't even get a chance to stop him. But Bill already sent me a copy (Thanks, Bill), and, uh, , I had them after all. I found them on the web and downloaded them a while ago. But they are labeled GPO manuals, and when Bill asked about "Aria Engine" manuals I thought he was referring to something else - something in addition to the GPO-specific manuals.

I'll crawl back under my rock now and shut up for a while.

Pat

It's OK, you can out now...

Challenge #10 Winner

There are at least two GPO manuals om my harddisc.

The one that came with Aria is the one called
    Personal_ Orchestra_4_Manual.pdf
    It can be found in the file
    Program files / Garritan
    in the subfile "Personal orchestra 4"
    Among other things this manual tells you how the Aria player works.

If you seek in the file called
    Program files / Garrian Personal Orchestra / documentation
    you will find the old manual for GPO, where the Aria player is not mentioned.

Since I was able to get confused here perhaps someone else could get confused as well. So I write this even if the mystery already seemed to be solved. Oyvind

Quote Originally Posted by Oyvind View Post
    The one that came with Aria is the one called
    Personal_ Orchestra_4_Manual.pdf
    It can be found in the file
    Program files / Garritan
    in the subfile "Personal orchestra 4"

... I write this even if the mystery already seemed to be solved.
    Well, the problem is solved; the mystery is not.
    My \Program Files\Garritan\Personal Orchestra 4\ directory does not contain the pfd manual. It contains directories
    Banks
    Ensembles
    GUI
    Harp Gliss Packets MIDIFiles
    Instruments
    Samples
    VSTexpression maps
    and files
    unins000.dat
    unins000.exe
    No doc. Am I missing anything else?

Pat