• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: CS 1.5 - Battlestar Galactica Passacaglia mockup

Share/Bookmark

Cinematic Strings 1.5 - Battlestar Galactica Passacaglia mockup

Hey guys, the CS 1.5 update is out now (see Updates section on www.cinematicstrings.com)

Having recently watched BSG, I figured I'd give this great piece a go with CS. This is all using the 1.5 patches, and the mix is a combination of Spot and Stage mics, equally present in the mix. I boosted the highs (14k) and cut the mids a bit (400hz) for a little extra clarity.

CS_BSG_Passacaglia.mp3

Hope you enjoy the update and the mockup, cheers!

-Alex

Talking Re: CS 1.5 - Battlestar Galactica Passacaglia mockup

Great work Alex especially the microtuning scriptI will give it a try tonight..

Shakuman.

Re: CS 1.5 - Battlestar Galactica Passacaglia mockup

Really nice work. This mp3 has definitely put Cinematic Strings on my things-to-buy-post-paycheque list. Have you attempted any other BSG soundtrack pieces?

Are any of the demo pieces on the site made with 1.5? It would be interesting from a new potential customer's point of view to see what was added with this update and hear how it sounds.

Sound fantastic... uh-oh, time to shell out for another string library. The technological advancements in sampling technology are killing my Amex card!

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by dummeh View Post
    Really nice work. This mp3 has definitely put Cinematic Strings on my things-to-buy-post-paycheque list. Have you attempted any other BSG soundtrack pieces?

Are any of the demo pieces on the site made with 1.5? It would be interesting from a new potential customer's point of view to see what was added with this update and hear how it sounds.
    Thanks, glad you like it .

The demos on the website were done with version 1.0, whereas this latest mockup is done with 1.5. The main difference, as you can hear, is the legato is much smoother.

Hi Alex,

This sounds great, really nice rich strings. Good choice of track too, I remember hearing this cue at the end of season 1 and being blown away by it. I've got a quick question for you - did you just transcribe it by ear or did you manage to find a score for it? I'm always looking out for scores of cinematic music for the purposes of study, and can rarely find more than the usual John Williams scores, and maybe Hans Zimmer arranged for piano... Would love to get hold of some scores of Bear McCreary's stuff. You've probably already heard it, but if not, check out his titles for Human Target, which is another really cool piece of music!

Thanks a lot, yeah I did it by ear so there's no score I'm afraid.

I could send you the MIDI file if you'd like?

I haven't heard Human Target, I'll check it out.

Thanks for the offer of the midi file - I've sent you a pm.

Hi Alex,
    Your transcription of BGP sounds frighteningly real to me with the samples from CS, very impressive indeed. I'd appreciate a copy of the MIDI file to try with my copy of CS, many thnx.

Wow, that was brilliant Alex! I love BSG and Bear's scoring of it. CS is on my wishlist for sure! And I too would love that midi for studying purposes....

Lahdeedah

Go Back to forum