• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone familiar with Yellow Tools Independence?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone familiar with Yellow Tools Independence?

They have Independence Pro 2.5 Software Suite 33% off which includes Independence 2.5, Independence Live 2.5, Independence FX 2.5.

There seems to be some affordable libraries for it. I wonder how it would be for creating instruments?

Re: Anyone familiar with Yellow Tools Independence?

I bought this around December. It's a lot stuff for the money. The sample player has been OK, but not great; Kontakt is much more stable. Support is really slow but eventually gets around to you. Some of the sounds were probably top-notch three to four years ago, but are starting to show their age. I would place them at a notch or two above the Kontakt factory library with some much better. I believe the strings are Kirk Hunter, which if you don't have good strings, definitely adds to the value for you.

If I had to make the choice over again, I think I would still buy it; it is a really big bag full of stuff and I can always use more stuff.

John

I also think strings are form Kirk Hunter.

and there is indepence free which tells sometihng about some areas i think sounds are nice but some areas based audiodemos Kontakt have edge. But one best sampled acoustic drums come with indence i think. at least my taste.

I've got the free version, the drums are ace, so thats all I use.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by Meyo View Post
    I bought this around December. It's a lot stuff for the money. The sample player has been OK, but not great; Kontakt is much more stable. Support is really slow but eventually gets around to you. Some of the sounds were probably top-notch three to four years ago, but are starting to show their age. I would place them at a notch or two above the Kontakt factory library with some much better. I believe the strings are Kirk Hunter, which if you don't have good strings, definitely adds to the value for you.

If I had to make the choice over again, I think I would still buy it; it is a really big bag full of stuff and I can always use more stuff.

John
    I didn't think the software suite came with any sounds.

I bought the Independence Pro 2.5 Crossgrade; it came with almost all their libraries.

Go Back to forum