• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free melodica sample library

Share/Bookmark

Free melodica sample library

Hello Folks,

I just finished my latest sample library of an old melodica. It uses the AET filter to morph between different dynamic levels and is perfectly playable via breath controller (but also with any other MIDI controller).

You can download it for free, but if you like the instrument, it would be nice if you fill out a little poll about the quality of the software and your music production method.

You can find some audio demos, the download link and the poll at the website:

http://christoph-hart.com/volker

Have fun!

PS: You need Kontakt 4 (because of AET)

Re: Free melodica sample library

Thanks - sounds great! (I have only listened to the demo recordings so far - I'm still on Kontakt 3.5)

Do you have a feel for how much processing overhead the AET introduces?
    (not that I magine it would matter much for a low polyphony instrument such as the melodica)

Greg.

Hello Greg,

the AET filter works quite efficiently. The CPU cost is way below an convolution reverb for example. Also you can compensate the cpu consumption by the small amount of RAM usage: since you only need the "frequency fingerprint" of multiple dynamic layers, you need only one real sustain note while the other layers are about 200ms long.

Too bad you don't have KONTAKT 4, but I'm afraid I am speaking to a very small circle of people...

Sounds great and plays very very well. Great work as well.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

FYI: Downloaded but not tried. Web site causes Avast 4.8 to go nuts with at least 3 trojan horse msgs.

---JC

wtf? did anybody else experienced something like this?

I tried the website myself from a couple of computers and besides minor graphic bugs on IE there was no problem.

Well, the zip archive doesn't contain any executable file (just a pdf-manual, the .nki file and an url-link to my website).

Good news. Bad news.

The good news is that I don't think it's your site at all. Sorry to create any potential worry.

The bad news is that it seems to be the Northern Sounds Forum itself. I get 2-3 trojan alerts now each time I come here. Maybe it's a false positive but it seems like some sort of ad click-jack.

One of them is 'goldeery.info' when I reply to msg. Another is 'http://tvbo4.com/cgi-bin/click3' which comes up when I go to Private Msgs.

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisboy View Post
    wtf? did anybody else experienced something like this?

I tried the website myself from a couple of computers and besides minor graphic bugs on IE there was no problem.

Well, the zip archive doesn't contain any executable file (just a pdf-manual, the .nki file and an url-link to my website).

Another possibility could be Google Analytics. Since it connects to another (the Google) server each time you load the website, an overprotective virus scanner could misinterpret this behaviour as malicious.

Glad to hear it's not my fault at all...

Go Back to forum