• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Newbie with Cubase 5 & Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Newbie with Cubase 5 & Omnisphere

Cubase is installed and updated on my Asus Win-7 Laptop. Omnisphere was successfully installed also, the .dll appears in the Cubase VST folder.... All should be good, right? Why am I not able to 'see' Omnisphere as a VST Instrument in Cubase? I've been scratching my nuts for a week trying to figure it out ..... Any ideas?

Re: Newbie with Cubase 5 & Omnisphere

Ah.... after week I post, then figure it out on my own. There are several VST folders associated with Cubase apparently. I looked at the path of the other included VST's and noticed Omni was NOT in the common file VST folder, Dar! Got it registered, seems to work. Now, how to browse 40GB of sound with going nuts.

Browsing is easy when you use the tags and categories.
    The only thing you really need is time.
    its too easy to get stuck for hours with a single patch because it is so much fun to play with......

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear1 View Post
    Ah.... after week I post, then figure it out on my own. There are several VST folders associated with Cubase apparently. I looked at the path of the other included VST's and noticed Omni was NOT in the common file VST folder, Dar! Got it registered, seems to work. Now, how to browse 40GB of sound with going nuts.
    I'm having same issue, Where does Omnisphere need to be installed? There a 3 VST folders in Cubase studio5 , VST3, VST plugins, VST3 presets. Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall to one of these folders?

There are 2 Steinberg Folders. One in Programs and one in Programs X86/Common Files. Look in Common files/Steinberg/VST Plugins. Paste the Omni .dll into that folder.

Thank You Hans-

So true, much time is spent just jamming with the presets, very hard to get focused on what a project actually NEEDS to sound right. I'm still totally confused by the Loop Mash, as in, how do I get my Loop out of it and onto to a track?

thnx

Cubase, like virtually all windows plugin hosts, allows you to specify which folders it scans for plugins. See the "plug-in information" window to find your VST plug-in folders (it may be more or less than 2). For information about this, be sure to check your Cubase reference guide.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear1 View Post
    There are 2 Steinberg Folders. One in Programs and one in Programs X86/Common Files. Look in Common files/Steinberg/VST Plugins. Paste the Omni .dll into that folder.
    Just a quick tip, pasting the Omnisphere.dll is often not a good solution since the installer asks for the folder to install the plugin to. I'd reinstall the latest VST version and point it specifically to the folder you want. This prevents from having multiple versions of the Omnisphere.dll which can lead to versioning hell.

I have a custom c:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins folder where I install all my VST plugins seperate from the Cubase (or other programs like Sonar etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by har.maes View Post
    Just a quick tip, pasting the Omnisphere.dll is often not a good solution since the installer asks for the folder to install the plugin to. I'd reinstall the latest VST version and point it specifically to the folder you want. This prevents from having multiple versions of the Omnisphere.dll which can lead to versioning hell.

I have a custom c:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins folder where I install all my VST plugins seperate from the Cubase (or other programs like Sonar etc.).

Yes, I agree. Pasting the Omni .dll from the wrong location to the correct VST folder in Cubase wasn't my first choice, but after 6 discs of installation I was worried about messing that up. The Paste actually worked perfectly and all other aspects must have been installed correctly, somehow.

After the installtion you have to update to the latest version anyway, so it's good to do that instead of pasting the .dll.

Go Back to forum