• Register
  • Help

Topic: vst on windows 7

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation vst on windows 7

hey guys m planing to shift my opreating system
    to windows 7 from win xp

has anyone done this ...... how is it, worth shifting or its better to stick to
    XP

i use cubase and loads of vst plugins
    plzzzz help on this

thanks

Re: vst on windows 7

Cubase 5 user here and just did the Win 7 switch on new audio pro built machine.
    Nothing but praises for Win 7.
    The only thing about using all of your plugs is that if you are on Win 7 64 bit you will need to use Jbridge to use your "non" 64bit plugins.
    I have tons of plugs as well and the only thing I can't bridge to 64 bit is anything by Waves.
    If anyone has managed this I would love to know the process.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

I upgraded my Waves Platinum V5 to V7 and now I can use it with Jbridge. PM me if you want to know how.

Michel

Michel,

I PM'd you.
    Thanks for your help.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Go Back to forum