• Register
  • Help

Topic: DigitalPerformer 7 and Garritan Jazz & Big Band

Share/Bookmark

Question DigitalPerformer 7 and Garritan Jazz & Big Band

Not sure if i am in the right room to ask for help and if i have to specify that I am talking Macintosh. If I am not then i trust the admin/moderators will move my post to the correct area.

I have just ( a few days ago ) installed Garritan Jazz & Big Band.

When I want to setup a Garritan Jazz & BigBand virtual instrument track in DigitalPerformer 7 there is only Garritan: Instruments for Finale (stereo).

When I select it there are no player controls or ability to select any of the virtual instruments. I can see 16 blank instruments tracks and if i try to "import" the instruments from the library they show up grayed out which to me means they are not available.

Where is the AU Kontakt player: Jazz & Big Band for Digital Performer 7?

And yet, when I launch Cubase Essentials 5 the Kontakt Player: Jazz & Big Band player and all virtual instruments are available.

What am I doing wrong ?

(Incidentally, I do have Finale 2010 but have yet to figure out how to use the Garritan Jazz & Big Band Kontakt player with Finale.)

Help/advice/comments please.

Unhappy Re: DigitalPerformer 7 and Garritan Jazz & Big Band

No one here use the Garritan Jazz & Big Band ?

Now i am somewhat sorry i bought this programme .
    LC520 25MHz (my first iMac AND still working ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QS G4, G3 iMac, iMac 3.06 GHz,
    + midi/audio software, hardware and midi/acoustical instruments

Re: DigitalPerformer 7 and Garritan Jazz & Big Band

I didn't see this post till today, and as I'm still running DP5/OS 10.4.11, I'm not sure if I'll be much help - I'm also using a 3- or 4- year old version of Garritan JABB, and I think they've switched to their own proprietary Aria player rather than the Kontakt 2 player mine shipped with, but - when I want to use the JABB instruments, I load either the Kontakt Player or the full Kontakt 2 (yes, that's archaic on my system too!) as an instrument track and then choose the JABB library in the Kontakt finder and start navigating to the instruments I want to load in.

As to the library itself, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the upright bass and vibes samples - I've certainly gotten my money's worth just out of those alone, but I also like the harmon mute trumpet sounds and have made use of the saxophones from time to time as well.

Thumbs up Re: DigitalPerformer 7 and Garritan Jazz & Big Band

Quote Originally Posted by dhamburger View Post
    but - when I want to use the JABB instruments, I load either the Kontakt Player or the full Kontakt 2 (yes, that's archaic on my system too!) as an instrument track and then choose the JABB library in the Kontakt finder and start navigating to the instruments I want to load in.

As to the library itself, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the upright bass and vibes samples - I've certainly gotten my money's worth just out of those alone, but I also like the harmon mute trumpet sounds and have made use of the saxophones from time to time as well.
    God bless you friend for your response and advice/help.

I'll give that a try when i get back to my studio today.

I get the impression that there are not very many Digital Performer users of the GJAZZZ&BB users here.

Which makes me wonder what DAW do they use for GJAZZ&BB ?
    LC520 25MHz (my first iMac AND still working ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QS G4, G3 iMac, iMac 3.06 GHz,
    + midi/audio software, hardware and midi/acoustical instruments

Re: DigitalPerformer 7 and Garritan Jazz & Big Band

How'd it go? Have you been able to get things working?

Go Back to forum