• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gs3 on Windows 7

Share/Bookmark

Gs3 slow on Windows 7

HI ,
    I installed Gs3 with compatibility mode Xp3 on Win7, I desactivate quicksound's file activity detection, all seems ok and better that on Xp Os . . . Shorter loading times and full allowed memory Ok.
    But my happiness during short time ! When I want to play a big size piano in live mode, latency is really increase, I lose precision and aggregate of chord is not so good in fact, I think lose full advantage of Gs that use kernel and gsif drivers with "compatibility Xp" mode. Someone have this experience ?
    Tks

Re: Gs3 on Windows 7

Compability mode is running a virtual PC inside of Windows 7. Which means your running an OS on top of another OS. It is going to be slower than running Windows XP only. I would definitely not recommend running GS3 this way as latency is going to be high. GS3 has to run in the main OS.

Jim

Ok, I want to precise , I had not used "virtual Xp mode in Win7 Ultimate" but only compatibility mode Xp3 with right click on execute file.
    But one more question, Gs4 ok directly to win 7 ( 32 ) without any
    compatibility program ?
    Tks

Some people have reported success with GS3 on Win7. Perhaps they'll jump into the conversation and give details.

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    Some people have reported success with GS3 on Win7. Perhaps they'll jump into the conversation and give details.
    I do not know about GS3, but GVI install was smooth in my W7 - 32bits laptop. No need for compatibility mode either.

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    It's a "no go" on W7x64.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    It's a "no go" on W7x64.
    I'm using LinuxSampler on W7X64 - works great.

CPU load and latency are very low.

Go Back to forum