• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cheap (under 500€) Orchestral libraries and panning etc

Share/Bookmark

Cheap (under 500€) Orchestral libraries and panning etc

I want know if
    Complete Classical Collection 2nd Edition - Peter Siedlaczek
    is panned like symphonic orchestra (try-sound needs pc i dont want move cables if possible...)
    is panned like symphonic orchesta ?
    I want know if
    Vienna Symphonic orchestra special edition
    is panned like symphonic orchesta ? (only prolem with this is
    really needs own harddrive i think)
    and what cheap (which is easiliy getted form shops not only form manufacturer) you recommend to mix with miroslav philharmonik ?
    (i need something sharper some can read cinematic at least...).

Re: Cheap (under 500€) Orchestral libraries and panning etc

Special edition is recorded in place, so the samples come pre-panned. It is an excellent collection. I've never tried to run it off of my system drive, though. Don't know how that would work.

Best,

Mark

You mean you only used form system drive ? (I ask because my english is very limited) manfacturer recommends fast at least own 80gigabyte hard drive. and with mac mini is bit complicated when you allredy need external hard drive...
    ps. yes its nice collection based demos only oboe is problem in vienna to my taste at least but all comppanies have problem,and strings,flute and piano in vienna at least demos are excelent. and i allredy have good oboe.

I hope not to insult you, but harddisks are extremely cheap compared to sample libraries. How can you afford any libraries and not a simple big harddisk? Or are you using pirated libs and ask here for advice to use them on a outdated system?

I dont use pirated software and i allredy have external harddrive for other stuff other libraries etc but two external harddrives eats desktop space (saddly mac mini dont have room addinational internal harddrive)
    and in here fast external harddrive with firewire is stuff which is not often found in stock actually currently only ones what are bigger than 1tb and form comppany what i trust are of stock even in importer. smaller than 1tb models are mainly 8megabyte cache and 5400rpm models only and mainly for usb (i want both hard drives to firewire becouse there is impossible get fast usb drive in here)... and this kind harddrive 1.5tb is about 170euros (€) in here not maybe much many people but to me is almost all money in one month what i can use anything else but basic living. and amount can be smaller which some stuff i made "dont sell".
    ps. what you mean when you type insult (if you mean you hope i not going angry) and i hate people what uses pirated software only reason what i understand fully is money things but not fully becouse there is some cheap/free soft synths etc (mainly for pc but)
    and other one software is disconitinued but really needed...

I am sorry if I insulted you, but it still do not understand the issue... A typical library costs between 200 and 1000 euros and a hard disk that can hold at least 10 to 40 of such libraries costs only 80 to 100 euro. Don't use external disks, just go for a simple internal Sata drive. If you cannot afford a hard disk of 80 euro now, wait and save money. How is it possible that you have more libraries than hard disk space? I just still do not understand this...

I dont have more libraries than harddrive space currently i have only about 32gigabytes samples and i have hard drive space in this mac 320gigabyte internal and 1.5terabyte (bigger than giga byte i think 1024 times...) external. and to mac mini its impossible add internal harddrive. orginal on can be changed. But now any ideas for libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark LaPierre View Post
    Special edition is recorded in place, so the samples come pre-panned.
    Best,

Mark
    Nope, it's recorded in the Silent stage, as is the rest of VSL stuff (apart from the organ), so you would need to do your own narrowing of stereo width and panning. No big deal, unless you are a Logic user. LOL

D

To vienna there is i heared (Form Vienna manufacturer) too which allows free panning.(i understand free download)
    ps. if possible please tell which plugins (also hardware synths if any) you use orchestral sounds ?
    and some in otherplace where i ask think is impossible mix two or more different orchestral libraries to same tune. but i think many users here makes this kind stuff. and only one library dont work me becouse i i dont like for example Vienna oboe,and Miroslav Philharmonik there is no Xylophone etc. and these only two examples about this stuff.

What are weakest areas in Eastwest Symphonic Gold (or what is this library name) ? ps. saddly demos dont tell much quieter side of orchestra and solo sounds. (i mean situation where there is about 1-5 instruments playing same time).

Go Back to forum