• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Garageband

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Garageband

Is there any way I can get the Aria player to load ensembles when I open it up in Garageband? I'm able to open the ensembles when Aria is standing alone, but I'm not sure if there's a way to open them up separately under the Garageband host. What's a budding Tchaikovsky to do?

Re: GPO and Garageband

Not sure which version of G-band you have, but in version 2 you do the following:

Select New Track> Double Click for info>Select Software Instrument.
    Under that, open the Menu Generator; you should see ARIA there. Click on the pencil icon (next to the word Manual), and the ARIA player should open up; load your instrument there. You may have to do this for each individual track, but once you save it, it should re-load the next time you open the file.

Is that what you were looking for?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Cool Re: GPO and Garageband

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl View Post
    Not sure which version of G-band you have, but in version 2 you do the following:

Select New Track> Double Click for info>Select Software Instrument.
    Under that, open the Menu Generator; you should see ARIA there. Click on the pencil icon (next to the word Manual), and the ARIA player should open up; load your instrument there. You may have to do this for each individual track, but once you save it, it should re-load the next time you open the file.

Is that what you were looking for?
    Thanks. But I can't seem to jive the separate tracks within ARIA with those in GB. As a result, I get one instrument that sounds gangbusters, but I have no way of patching the 01, 02, 03...tracks in ARIA with anything respective in Garageband. I used to use Garritan with FL Studio. That worked great, because I could patch a Kontakt player with a separate instance of Midi Out. As a result I was able to do contrapuntal stuff with piano and cello and...you get the idea. How can I do several tracks in GB with only a single ARIA?

I think you just launch another instance of the ARIA player - I don't believe there is a limit as to how many can be open at once.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail50 View Post
    How can I do several tracks in GB with only a single ARIA?
    This is a limitation of GarageBand. You can only assign a single MIDI clip/lane/channel to 1 virtual instrument.

So inside of Garage Band you'll need to create a new instance/instrument track for each instrument that you want to compose with.

Or look at any of the other hosts for OSX. Logic, Live, Digital Performer, ect all support MIDI tracks with various routing capabilities.

And i think maybe worst thing in Garageband is this multitimbral support.

Go Back to forum