• Register
  • Help

Topic: Authorising Aria after Hard Drive crash

Share/Bookmark

Authorising Aria after Hard Drive crash

I've recently reinstalled Aria Player and GPO4 on a new Hard drive after a serious XP Registry failure. I use GPO4 mainly within Sibelius 6, and very occasionally as a stand-alone.

All seems to work well, except that if I start in stand-alone mode, or if I go to the Aria interface panel from Sibelius, I'm told Aria isn't activated, and the message asks me if I want to download my activation. I already have an activation file, and I assume it is still valid.

If I drag the existing .png authorisation file onto the player, it tells me Garritan ARIA player is now activated for Aria Player, which sounds very encouraging, if somewhat tautologous, but it doesn't stick. The next time I happen to see the player, maybe days or weeks later, it once again tells me it isn't authorised.

What do I do? So far, ARIA has always worked — it's only on those rare occasions that I see it, rather than just let Sibelius do its magic behind the scenes, that the problem occurs.

Re: Authorising Aria after Hard Drive crash

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    If I drag the existing .png authorisation file onto the player, it tells me Garritan ARIA player is now activated for Aria Player, which sounds very encouraging, if somewhat tautologous, but it doesn't stick. The next time I happen to see the player, maybe days or weeks later, it once again tells me it isn't authorised.
    It tells you GPO4 is not authorised. You'll have to find you GPO4 png key card or download it again from garritan.biz > Registration & Downloads.
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by pascalM View Post
    You'll have to find you GPO4 png key card . . .
    I do have the card, which is what I'm using to authorise. The subsequent message tells me that the player is authorised. But next time I see the Aria player interface it seems to have forgotten.

There is two key cards.
    One for ARIA Player.
    One for GPO4.

When it tells you GPO4 is not authorised, you drag the ARIA Player key card and you get the message :"Garritan ARIA player is now activated for Aria Player".

You have to drag the GPO4 key card which you can download from garritan.biz > Registration & Downloads.
    And you'll get the message :"Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 is now activated for YOUR_NAME"
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

There is two key cards.
    One for ARIA Player.
    One for GPO4.

When it tells you GPO4 is not authorised, you drag the ARIA Player key card and you get the message :"Garritan ARIA player is now activated for Aria Player".

You have to drag the GPO4 key card which you can download from garritan.biz > Registration & Downloads.
    And you'll get the message :"Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 is now activated for YOUR_NAME"
    This is strange.

When I installed my GPO4 Aria, I'm sure I had just the one .png card. I don't recall having two cards, one for the Aria Player and one for GPO4. I just dragged the one .png card onto the Aria interface and everything was registered and working.

I may be mistaken but this is how I remember it. My version of GPO4 is the upgrade, if this makes any difference.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I do have the card, which is what I'm using to authorise. The subsequent message tells me that the player is authorised. But next time I see the Aria player interface it seems to have forgotten.
    If there are no changes to your system apart from a new hard drive, try copying and pasting your 'ARIA Player_license.png' registration card directly into the Garritan Aria folder. The default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player

Let us know if this solves the problem.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

There is two key cards.
    One for ARIA Player. . .One for GPO4. . . .You have to drag the GPO4 key card which you can download from garritan.biz > Registration & Downloads.
    Yes, I have now discovered this. It wasn't like that when I first installed GPO4 — there was only one card. I had difficulty downloading the additional card, and eventually dragged the card from the web site onto the Aria player, and that worked.

I now have GPO4 working again, both standalone and through Sibelius 6 (to my great relief). Thank you all for your help.

Go Back to forum