• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finding the Library

Share/Bookmark

Finding the Library

I am posting a wish list for the Authorized Steinway in regard to finding the sample library.

1-It would be wonderful to be able to have the sample library on 2 hard drives and have Authorized Steinway remember both locations. If it finds the first one, then it uses it and if not it looks for the second location and then uses that. I have my sample library on a dedicated hard drive in my music studio and on an external portable hard drive that I carry with me, and I use my Macbook Pro in both places. It is time consuming to have to open the Sample Manager and switch the library location each time I change drives. Also, I use Logic Studio and the Garritan Steinway will open fine in Logic even though it cannot find the sample library and I don't realize anything is wrong until I try to play and there is no sound. And that brings me to the second part of my wish list...

2-If the library cannot be found, it would be nice to have a window that comes up stating that it can't be found and offering the user to search for it.

Thanks. i'm enjoying the Garritan Steinway very much.

Nick

Re: Finding the Library

Don't know about the Mac but I'm using win 7 with 2 different computers and a single sample portable drive.
    I have reserved drive S (samples) in both computers using Administrator tools>computer management>storage>disk managment. This allows my set set aside a disk assignment (Drive S) so that whenever I plug the portable drive into a usb port on either computer it always is seen as Drive S.

I've been using this for the past year and it work perfectly. I assume the Mac has some means of reserving drive assignments.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes View Post
    Don't know about the Mac but I'm using win 7 with 2 different computers and a single sample portable drive.
    I have reserved drive S (samples) in both computers using Administrator tools>computer management>storage>disk managment. This allows my set set aside a disk assignment (Drive S) so that whenever I plug the portable drive into a usb port on either computer it always is seen as Drive S.

I've been using this for the past year and it work perfectly. I assume the Mac has some means of reserving drive assignments.

Fred
    Thank you, Fred. My situation is different because I have 2 external drives with samples on them and only a single computer. My studio situation has the external drive permanently connected and when I am elsewhere i have another small portable drive that I use. So it would be great if the Authorized Steinway could look in 2 locations.

Nick

Oops sorry mis-read you original post
    Fred

Go Back to forum