• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone successfully running MOTU Ethno in 64 bit Cubase?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone successfully running MOTU Ethno in 64 bit Cubase?

Hi,

I'm trying to install MOTU Ethno on a Windows 7 PC with 64bit Cubase, but as soon as I do, Cubase won't load. On startup, when it gets to initialising the MOTU Ethno VST, it simply hangs, and has to be shut down.

Could this be something to do with VST bridge? I've also tried installing MOTU Ethno update v1.1 - there's an option to download this for 64bit Windows 7, but I'm not sure if this actually makes it a 64bit plugin.

Anyone successfully running MOTU Ethno in 64 bit Cubase?

Re: Anyone successfully running MOTU Ethno in 64 bit Cubase?

Hi,

I had the same problem with Motu Ethno in Sonar. It scanned all vsts until it reached Motu and then just hung there.

To get it working I installed it as a DXI rather than a vst.

I also downloaded and installed the 64 bit drivers in Vista and they seem fine.

Mind you I am on Vista 64 with Sonar. I hope this helps as I remember how frustrating this problem was to me.

regards John

I have Ethno running under Vista 64 bit in Cubase (also 64 bit)and it seems to be OK for now. To be honest I haven't really done anything with it since I made the jump to 64 bit. MOTO is releasing Ethno2 shortly. I would assume they would make it 64 bit compatible as it is based on the new UVI engine which already is 64 bit.

On a side note I'm bummed to see the upgrade path from Ethno 1 to Ethno 2 is $179.00. I think $99.00 would be more appropriate.

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Do you know if Ethno 2 will include all the original content of Ethno? If so, I might just have to wait for that. Totally agree re. the upgrade price, but what can you do.

Interesting the same thing hapened in Sonar - as far as I'm aware, in Cubase it has to be VST.

It certainly is frustrating, I've wasted a whole day on this now - after multiple attempts to install, each resulting in Cubase hanging, my brand new version of Windows 7 stopped loading up! At this point I just performed a sytem restore and am waiting for help from MOTU tech support...

Ethno used to be one of my most stable plugins, now it's the only one that doesn't work at all!

Go Back to forum