• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trilian Question

Share/Bookmark

Trilian Question

Just got Trilian and having the time of my life with it. Amazing instrument.
    I'm a little vague about user defineable controls on the main page.
    I know I can assign any existing control to basically any function but how do I create my own?
    For example I would love to have a mono button available, often actually. I noticed on a patch that it had one. How would I do that?
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Re: Trilian Question

In the FX rack just insert an Imager...and use the Center Mono preset.

Now, on the main page, create a knob (see user manual for exact details...it's easy) and assign it to the Imager on/off function.

When I am creating a group, I would like to know specific choices I have as to what is considered a group.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Grouping is just visual thing for labeling a group of controls.

Thanks Eric.
    BTW your competitors must HATE you.
    With the exception of sample libraries your VI's make practically
    everything else I own obsolete.
    When I am auditioning patches I constantly go into the sound and try to understand what all the settings are doing.
    Call it the Spectrasonics school of STEAM.
    It's extremely hard because some of the sounds are so complex.
    For starters on the main page I am trying to find out what some of the knobs are accessing but the descriptions are vague..."res" or "cutoff" These can be in any number of places.
    Is there a way to track down which "res" or "cutoff" they're accessing?

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    .. I am trying to find out what some of the knobs are accessing but the descriptions are vague..."res" or "cutoff" These can be in any number of places. Is there a way to track down which "res" or "cutoff" they're accessing?
    In the Main window, right-click with your mouse on any of the knobs (or buttons), and select the "Show all audio parameters" choice. That will tell you what the knob is assigned to ("A" and "B" in those descriptions mean the two layers within the part).

That's exactly how I'm checking the knobs.
    I only get very brief descriptions as stated in my previous post.
    This is by no means a big deal but I would like to know for my own educational purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    That's exactly how I'm checking the knobs.
    My mistake: Version 1.2 (now in public beta test) has the improved descriptions, and it will be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Grouping is just visual thing for labeling a group of controls.
    Hi Eric,

My name is Mark Wingate and I teach at Florida State University's College of Music. We are long-time users of Trilogy and also Stylus RMX. Recently I tried to upgrade to the long-awaited Trillian and somehow got caught up in tech support hell. I was told to make a user account, which I did, and then when I tried to log in, it said that "user has been disabled."

I tried numerous calls to tech support, only to hear recorded messages. Finally someone from Education called and said I had the wrong license and that I needed to purchase a multi-license lab pack.

This has been most frustrating for a couple of months now and I'm at my wit's end. All I want to do is upgrade my copy of Trilogy to Trillian. We have two studios here--one that I teach in, and one that the students use for their projects.

It's never been a problem before. Can you please help?

Many thanks and congrats on truly great programs!

-Mark

Hi Mark....sorry for your frustration.

The best place to sort out your EDU license situation is directly with the company. It sounds like you have the wrong license and will need to have it shifted over to an EDU license....but it's best to get that sorted directly with the company.

We'll get you sorted soon. Thanks for your patience.

spectrum

Go Back to forum