• Register
  • Help

Topic: steinway does not work

Share/Bookmark

steinway does not work

hello,
    My problem is:after upgrade GPO4 and Steinway,steinway have stopped to work.I don't know the reason because GPO4 is working normally but when I load steinway the message is:Aria standalone have stopped to work, Wait,Windows is searching a solution.Should I install steinway again?
    thanks in advance,
    Cunha

Re: steinway does not work

If you haven't already, make sure you update to the latest version of the Steinway, v1.04.
    You can get it at:
    http://www.garritan.biz/registration/
    After you log in, click on the Downloads and Updates tab.
    Let me know if this helps,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    If you haven't already, make sure you update to the latest version of the Steinway, v1.04.
    You can get it at:
    http://www.garritan.biz/registration/
    After you log in, click on the Downloads and Updates tab.
    Let me know if this helps,
    Jeff
    Hello Jeff,
    I have already update to the last version.Before that,steinway is working very well.I will try to update again or better I reinstall it again and let's see ok?
    thanks,
    Silmar

You could try uninstalling the Steinway and then installing it again. If you have Professional or Standard edition, when the uninstaller asks if you want to delete all the samples, I would suggest you say no, in order to save the long process of re-adding the sample.

Could you let me know what operating system you are using, as well as details on your hard drive and memory and cpu please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    You could try uninstalling the Steinway and then installing it again. If you have Professional or Standard edition, when the uninstaller asks if you want to delete all the samples, I would suggest you say no, in order to save the long process of re-adding the sample.

Could you let me know what operating system you are using, as well as details on your hard drive and memory and cpu please?
    The operating system I am using is Windows 7.CPU -quad core 3.0,12Mb cache, 4GB memory and HD 250GB.I gave up and my computer was formated but it failed.I have installed steinway again in secure modo and it works.Now I am going to do the upgrade again and let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cunha View Post
    The operating system I am using is Windows 7.CPU -quad core 3.0,12Mb cache, 4GB memory and HD 250GB.I gave up and my computer was formated but it failed.I have installed steinway again in secure modo and it works.Now I am going to do the upgrade again and let's see what happens.

Hello Jeff,
    I am very happy.It is working again.The problem I think was the M-audio 2496.When I have installed windows 7 and Steinway the audio interface made a strange noise,so I download the drives and all is working normally.I thank you very much for your attention.
    Sincerely,
    Silmar

Go Back to forum