• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Ideas on How To Get RMX Working?

Share/Bookmark

Any Ideas on How To Get RMX Working?

Called tech support but this takes days and days for a response.

Here's the problem:

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 OS 10.5.8

Installed RMX
    PATH: EXTERNAL DRIVE: Spectrasonics:SAGE
    INTERNAL DRIVE: LIBRARY: APPLICATION SUPPORT: Spectrasonics: SAGE ALIAS
    Permissions read and write
    External Drive OSX Extended Journaled

Latest Updates from RMX Site

Tried in Logic 9.1 and Pro Tools LE

RMX cannot see the data library.

Double checked CORE LIBRARY folder for necessary files according to Spectrasonics website, all are there.

I have spent hours installing and reinstalling to no avail. It cannot find the library.

Anyone with ANY ideas appreciated.

TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: Any Ideas on How To Get RMX Working?

If you haven't already done so, be sure to check the FAQs at support.spectrasonics.net. In particular, the one entitled:
    No Directories available. What's wrong?

- Glenn

Yes already did that....nothing is working. I'm starting to wonder whether it's the latest upgrade doing this. Maybe I can go backwards to an earlier version up there...
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

In your path file on the internal drive, the folders should reside in the user>library>application support>Spectrasonics. Is that where yours are?

I have my actual file on an another drive, but that is OK as long as their is an alias to the SAGE folder in the location you mentioned. Still doesn't work.

Spectrasonics should be calling today so when I get the answer I'll post it in case someone else has this problem. Thanks

TH

I've experienced this briefly and discovered a very easy solution:
    When I made the alias it was named "SAGE alias" not just an alias named "SAGE." When I deleted the word "alias" from the name of the alias, all was well. Hopefully, this is all you have going on. Good luck.

Thanks Ethan, wish it were that simple for me...there is just something wacky here, everything is as it should be, but it doesn't work.

Still waiting for tech support to call.

TH

Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
    INTERNAL DRIVE: LIBRARY: APPLICATION SUPPORT: Spectrasonics: SAGE ALIAS
    That doesn't look right. Is that what you meant to type?

- Glenn

No I meant to type

user...not internal drive....BUT.....

I found out what it was.

Incredibly bleary-eyed dumb pilot error.

When RMX can't find the SAGE library no sounds show up in the main panes of the RMX window.

So no sounds showed up.

BUT...

It was set to DEFAULT library (of which there is none). I was used to template that I had which had RMX set to a given startup library. This didn't have it.

All I had to do was choose a library.

What a dummy.

But at least it's up and running.

Thanks for all your help....

TH

Go Back to forum