• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria sampler in Logic 9.1.0 displayed as 32 bit

Share/Bookmark

Cool Aria sampler in Logic 9.1.0 displayed as 32 bit

I am under the impression that the Aria sampler is 64 bit but when I downloaded the Logic upgrade which is now 64 bit, it shows the Aria sampler as only 32 bit.

any clarification will help. thanks.

Re: Aria sampler in Logic 9.1.0 displayed as 32 bit

Hello Timothy and welcome to our forums.

I'm not too sure if I can be of much help for although I have GPO4 with Aria I don't have Logic as I use Windows.

However, I can confirm that Aria comes both with x32 and x64. When I installed GPO4, both versions of Aria (ARIA Player VST_x86.dll and ARIA Player VST_x64.dll) were installed. On my computer the path to the folder containing both versions is:

C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST

You might be able to translate this path onto your Mac and find both there.

I think it should just be a case of copying and pasting the ARIA Player VST_x64.dll into the appropriate Logic folder.

Her's hoping a Mac user will call by and confirm.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

it might have something to do with logic just now becoming 64-bit. i don't know what that stuff means - i think the bigger number is usually better.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

I am a Mac guy and would surmise that while GPO4 is available in both 32 and 64 bit versions for PC, no version has been made for MAc OSX yet. This is not unusual. Only in the last month did Spectrasonics come out with a Mac 64 bit version of Omnisphere. EW PLAY engine also is 32 bit only for Macs at this time. Developers will eventually join in as the 64 bit craze hits Apple but in the meantime, only Logic plug-ins will be in their native 64 bit.

BTW- the 32 bit bridge in Logic 9.1 is pretty solid. It's still more efficient to run GPO4 in 64 bit mode with its 32 bit bridge as opposed to Logic in 32 bit mode. That's what I have found anyhow.

Hi davecos,

Developers didnt know when Logic would ever ship as a native x64 bits application on OSX, (could be a month, a year or two, we had no warning) and without such a host to test our x64 plugins under OSX, it was pretty much pointless to spend the developement efforts required to change our enitre UIs to Cocoa and Objective-C, when Carbon/C++ was all working fine on 10.6 32 bits.

We now have this task at hand, i hope you understand that such a port is not done in a day.
    There is lots of coding and testing to do.

Adobe is stuck with the same challenges to port Photoshop, and pretty much the whole industry as well.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Hi davecos,

Developers didnt know when Logic would ever ship as a native x64 bits application on OSX, (could be a month, a year or two, we had no warning) and without such a host to test our x64 plugins under OSX, it was pretty much pointless to spend the developement efforts required to change our enitre UIs to Cocoa and Objective-C, when Carbon/C++ was all working fine on 10.6 32 bits.

We now have this task at hand, i hope you understand that such a port is not done in a day.
    There is lots of coding and testing to do.

Adobe is stuck with the same challenges to port Photoshop, and pretty much the whole industry as well.
    Oh I totally understand. I was trying to coney that to Timothy's original posting in my response post in fact. Even Vienna Player doesnt' show up as 64 bit in Logic 9.1 although it does in its own 64 native player Vienna Ensemble Pro. I'm not too worried. And I'm a little surprised anyone would need a 64 bit environment for GPO. IT's not exactly a resource or memory hog the way EWQLSO or VSL is. The other funny thing is most people who want to jump on the 64 bit wagon (for Mac) have iMacs or Macbooks that only hold 2-4gb of RAM max. I have 8gb of RAM in my Mac Pro which is no where near the limit it can store. But nonetheless, I have noticed a huge improvement when running VSL under its VEPRO 64 bit host.

Cool Re: Aria sampler in Logic 9.1.0 displayed as 32 bit

Thanks for the information guys. I couldn't find anything about a fix last week. Now that Logic is running so much better in 64-bit I want to expand it with some nice plug-ins, but I'm going to wait to buy Garritan until the update comes out. Hoping it's soon. I'll keep checking back.

4/26/10: months later, still waiting for mac 64-bit...
    Last edited by TriniDr; 04-26-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Updating

Go Back to forum