• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Loops for DD Strings?

Share/Bookmark

Loops for DD Strings?

Hello all-
    I am a fairly new GS user. I have the Dan Dean Solo strings library and am noticing that on long sustained passages the notes cut off- I am assuming that is because they are unlooped.
    Can anyone tell me how I can fix it so that the notes keep playing on long sustained passage?
    I tried contacting Dan directly on his website, but I guess he is as busy as the Nemesys guys who don\'t get back to you.

Your help is greatly appreciated

-El Sim

Re: Loops for DD Strings?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by El-Sim:
    Hello all-
    I am a fairly new GS user. I have the Dan Dean Solo strings library and am noticing that on long sustained passages the notes cut off- I am assuming that is because they are unlooped.
    Can anyone tell me how I can fix it so that the notes keep playing on long sustained passage?
    I tried contacting Dan directly on his website, but I guess he is as busy as the Nemesys guys who don\'t get back to you.

Your help is greatly appreciated

-El Sim
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi El Sim,

Please don\'t lump me into the Nemesys bunch. There are some intrinsically radical differences between us. First, I am not nor have I ever been independently wealthy. Second, I didn\'t just sell my business to Tascam for a bazillion dollars. Third, if you had actually written to me via email (which you didn\'t, because I never received it) I would have responded to you immediately...ask any number of users on this group. And fourth, I have a looped articulation file sitting right here on my computer\'s desktop, but you\'re not going to get it.

Thanks for your post,
    DD

Dearest Dan-
    Darn that is cold \"\'\"(snif)
    ^

I went to your website 2 days ago and hit the contact button and asked these very same questions-Im really not sure why u didnt get it...
    I am sorry to \'lump\' you in with the Nemesys guys, but I have gotten a bit frustrated with the lack of response-

This is the first place anyone has actually gotten back to me-
    I even called Nemesys about the loops that I was talking about and got the afforementioned problem.

On a positive note, I really do like the sounds- or I would not be so intent on trying to solve this problem-

By the way, if u have forgiven me, could u also tell me how the get the viola legato sample to play louder? It seems like it is not coming out against the other strings in the quartet-

Faithfully evermore-

El-Sim

El Sim,

Send me your email address. I\'ll send you the articulation file. It is not a fix-all to the Solo Strings note duration issue. Since all of the samples are stereo, the looping is NOT seamless. I personally, don\'t like it but it might work for your purposes. I\'ll be doing an Upgrade to the DDSS and I\'ll fix all of these issues. About the Viola being softer, I\'m not aware of this issue. Make certain and go to my site and download the update. If the Viola was not +6db in the version you have, this could have caused the variation in levels between the Viola and other instruments.

Thanks,
    DD

Dan-

You are a true gentleman-

Thanks,
    Ill also try your website again-

My e-mail is
    MZSaltman@worldnet.att.net

I guess the argument would be why would you want long sustaining notes, unless you are talking about someone with the lung capacity of an elephant playing the instrument I imagine the samples are set up to be the length that a \'professional\' player can muster!?
    There again, there is no reason why you can\'t use the sounds in any which way you want etc.
    I\'ll shut up and go out on the town now!
    Rich

paynterr, they are talking about strings, not woodwinds or brass..

A-

Whoops! Sorry - perhaps I should learn to read... DEFINTELY time to go out... thank god I\'m in GMT and it\'s 6pm... rather than the morning all over again

Thanks for your input and output folks-

No question that the Viola is naturally dark sounding and somewhat quiet- It seemed like I ran into the problem more in medium quick passages(not quite staccato)The longer and held notes seemed to be just fine.
    By the way-
    What do u do for Blizzard Andrea?
    I have a couple of their games(the music is quite good and appropriate)

he deals with questions like

\"can you make it sound like The Matrix?\"

and comments like

\"you know...when I was listening to the in game music in my car...it didn\'t *feel* right, can you do something about it? Maybe make it more hip hop?\"

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum