• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where Is Spectrasonics Tech Support?

Share/Bookmark

Where Is Spectrasonics Tech Support?

I've had a problem I needed to get resolved asap and began writing and calling them a week before NAMM and still no reply....Eric if you are out there, can you advise?

I need replacement discs for RMX after a drive crash and a dumb "Where on earth are my discs?" situation.....

Thanks
    Tom H
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: Where Is Spectrasonics Tech Support?

This guy is also complaining about tech support.
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...sonics&start=0

Maybe they're on vacation?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Not a good thing.

TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Sorry for the delay guys. Everyone in the company was at the NAMM show and now we've got a bunch of people out sick with the extreme weather changes we've had here in So Cal, so we are really behind right now in our tech support cue.

We are also in the middle of training new tech support staff we've hired, so we'll have more capacity soon.

Thanks for your patience as we get through this extremely busy period.

Best,

spectrum

Tom, I'll try to get your replacement discs prioritized today.

I think we sometimes forget that companies are run by humans who are busy, get sick etc. just like you and I. In any case Spectrasonics is not a company that intentionally ignores their customers, but also sometimes patience is required. I've seen people complaining about companies not responding to their requests in other threads, and then discovering that their computer wasn't accessing responses, or their messages had never been received, so sometimes it's not always the companies fault either. In any case, these were just some general thoughts that crossed my mind today, and they are not directed at anyone in particular. Cheers................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Tom, I'll try to get your replacement discs prioritized today.
    Eric, my hero. Don't mean to gripe. Just more frustrated at myself, I never misplace this kind of thing, but it seems I finally have.....

Can't thank you enough.

TH

Spectrasonics Tech Support

They obviously haven't totally forgotton us. I swear my computer KNOWS when tech support is absent, on vacation, at NAMM, NAB, or struck by the plague. That's the time it has a meltdown.....preferably right before a deadline.

In any case....I feel your pain Tom. I too need tech support unless someone here can help. I was hoping maybe someone could tell me if Omnisphere...Steam.... (not talking about the library which I understand can be on an external drive) has to be installed on the start up drive? Because it has installed itself on a C drive which is NOT my boot drive. I read somewhere in the manual that things would automatically go to the start up drive. Not what happened here. So-o-o-o if this is bad and wrong....how do I get out of it. There is no ability to uninstall since it's not in the program files.

I can nuke that C drive and start over.....if that works.....I remember having choices about VST and RTAS but not where to install. I may not have been paying attention though. In which case I am really going to be mad at myself.

I am exhausted and have a big deadline tomorrow.....of course counting on running a demo of Omnisphere.

So I'm on a new computer.....running Windows XP (to keep down with the software that hasn't caught up with 7) and I am really really hoping I don't have to do a clean install. Time is short here.

So any help here....I will send flowers....awards, deep appreciation, uh probiotics?

By the way I like this forum. I'm learning tons already.... and drooling over even more virtual instruments out there.

Many thanks to any help that is sent my way!

Bev

Bev, I'm on Mac so don't know about PCs, but on the Mac it defaults to your startup drive for the main install. Fastest way out may be to reinstall. Look closely when the installer first opens up, as it should say "will be installed on...." and name your startup drive....

Hopefully someone who knows PCs will chime in....hang in there!

Tom

Good news

Thanks for your reply Tom. Here's the good news.

Wherever it is, Omnisphere works. Evidently it knew more than I did. (That is not exactly shocking.) It is located on a drive, which is a 10,000 rpm drive so it not only runs....it runs quickly. Whatever needed to make it to the start up drive, evidently did. I'm thrilled!

So thanks to the person who wrote the program and all the techno elves and fairies who heard my prayers. I get to do my demo tonight (good for me and Omnisphere.)

Now that I understand that things look for the letter C on installation....I will be more careful next time.

So thanks to all...and I'm glad I found this forum!

Bev

Go Back to forum