• Register
  • Help

Topic: Guinga - Choro pro Z - Brazilian Chro for Sax Qtet

Share/Bookmark

Guinga - Choro pro Z - Brazilian Chro for Sax Qtet

Continuing on my "serious hobbie" I want to share with you a beautifull piece: "Choro pro Z" - a brazilian Choro, a popular musical genre that means in english "to cry" (in the sense of feeling, sadness). Composed by Guinga (Carlos Althier de Souza Lemos Escobar) a virtuoso guitar player and songwriter, one of the most innovators brazilian musicians. Arranged for sax qtet and performanced by this server, by using EWI USB on Cubase SX with Aria software and Garritan sounds..

Enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1VQfdeDVA

http://www.box.net/shared/6oj2jngbyt

Regards

Andres Eloy Rodriguez

Re: Guinga - Choro pro Z - Brazilian Chro for Sax Qtet

It's not my cup of tea (I liked your previous post more), but it is well played and sounds convincing. Was this done with the sounds that were included with the EWI?
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    It's not my cup of tea (I liked your previous post more), but it is well played and sounds convincing. Was this done with the sounds that were included with the EWI?
    Yes, it was... and working whit the reverb tools included in ARIA

Andres,

the basses (in the beginning) play a melody which in fact is the rhythm of this piece. Maybe you can "accent" that a bit more. Furthermore you must give more space in the phrases (at the end of a phrase somewhat shorter notes), to avoid that the reverb of the previous sentence obscures the next beginning. Also when an instrument takes the lead melody, make the other ones a bit softer (in volume).

Me gusta mucho esta composicin y en BoxNet la qualidad es mejor que la en Youtube.

Now you are busy with music from your continent, can you find/make arrangements of music of Heitor Villa Lobos? He is my favorite.

Raymond

Go Back to forum